Basius 2: The Deluxe Stamp Pad Terrain Tile & Basing System

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing the Elven Pad, I fear we will see much of the same for Dwarf, Norse, and Warmaiden, which pretty much eliminates those off the queue.  Nice, but not enough variety for the cost.

You could easily combine all four into a single pad without the slightest problem.

• Like 6

After seeing the Elven Pad, I fear we will see much of the same for Dwarf, Norse, and Warmaiden, which pretty much eliminates those off the queue.  Nice, but not enough variety for the cost.

You could easily combine all four into a single pad without the slightest problem.

Yea, i'm almost certain Dwarf, Norse, and Warmaiden are the same. judging by this statement in the Elven pad update:

"This pad is a special one - like WARMAIDENS, DWARVEN & NORSE it offers a core Base design in many varied grades of destruction, for you to build upon by using other pads (like vines from FOREST or stone from the ruined side of SANCTUARY) to supplement & finish off your uber specific texture choice exactly the way you want it to be."

• Like 2

It would've been a stand out pad if they were combined. We'd have variety and value with a combo. I doubt they'll sell enough to cover the production cost as they are now. 

• Like 3

Some walls, broken columns and the like would have made those much more useful. If you are going to go ruined you may as well go all the way. I'm actually backing off on pads at this point. I'm in for 4 at the moment, but I could easily drop to 2.

• Like 4

I'm probably going to be building a Wood Elf army for a escalation league at my FLGS.  I'm tempted to go in for the forest basius since I could get a lot of bases built with the one mold.  

Hmmmmmmm.   Hmmmmmmmmm. 

[edit]

On second thought the timing of this would involve rebasing a bunch of minis.  Still tempting but slightly less so.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 2