Basius 2: The Deluxe Stamp Pad Terrain Tile & Basing System

SamuraiJack

I'm still sitting on the fence for four of the stamps.  Cost is the principle stumbling block for me - $200 with shipping.  I'd have preferred that they reduced purchase prices as funding increased rather than unlocking a load of mediocre stamps.

The Egg

Can always find someone on the boards who lives in the same country and partner up with them. Dave and I are doing this and getting the 10-pack of stamps, so shipping is split and the cost per stamp is lowered even though I'll be shipping him his pads (via flat rate shipping), it will be much less expensive. 

I'm not sure how much I'd save by pooling (Canadian) shipping with someone from the UK, and then having to reship from/to their address.  Canada's postal rates are pretty damned high.  Getting back to my point, the twelve pounds for shipping doesn't hurt as much as the 85 pounds for the product . . .

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just might have to get  a third pad...the plaguelands....Forest is cool but I can't justify it right now..with Imperial and Victoriana

I'm thinking I'm going to have to bump up to three:

Dungeon

Victoriana

Plaguelands

• Like 4

I just might have to get a third pad...the plaguelands....Forest is cool but I can't justify it right now..with Imperial and Victoriana

I'm not getting Forest either. It's just a nice picture to show off the details. I'm only in for Imperial and Plaguelands. My 3ʳᵈ IS Dungeon.

FTFY!

My wallet! 

o0500028112796040339_zpsd2129976.gif?t=1

• Like 6

Yup, all those halls are very lackluster. Some people might be interested in them, but I think it's very niche. 

We still need to hit £42k so Steampunk and Industrial get unlocked. It's been pretty slow the last few days, which is normal for the middle of a campaign as we know.

• Like 2

Haha, I would, but I wouldn't want to make bases without knowing WHAT i'm making them for =P maybe by the time RCon rolls around, i'll have some minis in mind to use Plagueland bases for

They can be like your SW bases, have them for when you need them.

• Like 1

Haha, I would, but I wouldn't want to make bases without knowing WHAT i'm making them for =P maybe by the time RCon rolls around, i'll have some minis in mind to use Plagueland bases for

Trolls, ogres, goblins, boggards, lizardmen, snakes, spiders, oozes, wererats, zombies, lizards, a catoblepas... Although swamps aren't all that hard to DIY. Mine always come out weak though. That's why I needz me this pad. 

• Like 2

Wargames Bakery says that the hall series pads are designed for making dungeon tiles 1st and bases 2nd. That makes sense but I wonder if the squares are in the right scale for dungeon tiles. I've asked them. If they're 1" or 30mm square. If so they could be useful for that but maybe not $40 useful. Still seems niche.

edit to add: Just got word from WGB that all of the hall squares are 1". They should work out fine for dungeon tiles. Still pricey.

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 2

Wargames Bakery says that the hall series pads are designed for making dungeon tiles 1st and bases 2nd. That makes sense but I wonder if the squares are in the right scale for dungeon tiles. I've asked them. If they're 1" or 30mm square. If so they could be useful for that but maybe not $40 useful. Still seems niche.

edit to add: Just got word from WGB that all of the hall squares are 1". They should work out fine for dungeon tiles. Still pricey.

Matters not to me as I have my 6 picked out (assuming that Steampunk gets unlocked).