Basius 2: The Deluxe Stamp Pad Terrain Tile & Basing System

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every KS that I've been following lately has these weird ups and downs around round numbers and towards the end of the KS.  Is it a change in backer behavior, or is trolling more prevalent?

It would be interesting to see a study of how Kickstarters' funding rates  have changed over time.  I'd guess that they have become more front loaded because 1) More of the prospective customers know about Kickstarter so find new projects quickly.  2) People have absorbed the idea that pledging early is risk free.  You don't really hear people saying "I'll back this if it funds" anymore.  

This might be doubly true for companies like Reaper or Mantic that have had a few big kickstarters already.

• Like 3

• Artists

I finally jumped in on this and made my choices so I don't forget about this while I'm at ArtistCon. (I am assuming that Steampunk unlocks!) While I initially kind of pooh-poohed forest as something that's easy to cobble together with standard basing supplies, in the end I decided it might be worth that one just for the time savings.

• Like 7

My only issue with the forest is that one side is too... um... plain isn't quite right.

The detail on the forest underbrush though is quite nice... nice enough to paint each leaf nice... and then add your own twigs and grasses and... yeah... I can see where the forest would be quite nice. Still wish they had a few more features on the other side... while leaving one 1/3 or whatever as plain background texture like they did on Imperial. Gives you a pretty big area if you are looking for just an uninterrupted block of that texture, without the side feeling boring. (Which I think is the problem with the Elven one especially)

• Like 3

• Artists

Oh, I agree. And I would have loved if they'd included stuff like small creatures. A lot of familiar type animals really aren't small enough to be used as base accents, sculpting them in would be great. (Likewise rats and stuff in the dungeon set, ravens in the war set, there are lots of options along those lines.) Part of me wonders if I should just wait for Basius 3 and hope they do more stuff like that...

• Like 2

While it may seem annoying that some stamps have rather large "featureless" ares, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Just look at the dungeon stamp. Those stairs are 2 inch by 2 inch each, right? Then correct me I'm wrong, but the stamp does not really seem to have a large enough featureless flat floor area to easily make featureless flat floor bases - and it seems impossible to make 2" by 2" floor tiles that don't have treasure strewn all over. So I for one am a little disappointed by the dungeon preview. But oh well, it does make selecting my stamps easier.

• Like 1

While it may seem annoying that some stamps have rather large "featureless" ares, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Then correct me I'm wrong, but the stamp does not really seem to have a large enough featureless flat floor area to easily make featureless flat floor bases - and it seems impossible to make 2" by 2" floor tiles that don't have treasure strewn all over.

That's basically why I'm not getting Dungeon. I would love it if it had a nice clear dungeon floor area. I'll actually use the smooth area of Imperial for my floor texture. That and Plaguelands will cover most of my needs, although I'd love to have Forest.