Basius 2: The Deluxe Stamp Pad Terrain Tile & Basing System

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it being the same price fire the Megabox as for 10. Is that wrong? Because that would be the same as 50% savings on shipping.

Not sure what you are saying here?   10 base level has 32 pounds shipping.  I assume that "megabox" is the all pad level?  And that is 48 pounds.  Or I am missing something here.

If WGB lowers the shipping for each pledge level by only £1 and All the Basius by £2 it will cost him nearly $1,000 USD. It seems like nothing to us but that's a very meaningful hit to him. I think shipping on the 1-4 pad levels is already decent for the weight and distance these will have to travel. This kickstarter isn't a massive bargain but it seems fair considering the quality of the sculpts and materials. 

• Like 3

If WGB lowers the shipping for each pledge level by only £1 and All the Basius by £2 it will cost him nearly $1,000 USD. It seems like nothing to us but that's a very meaningful hit to him. I think shipping on the 1-4 pad levels is already decent for the weight and distance these will have to travel. This kickstarter isn't a massive bargain but it seems fair considering the quality of the sculpts and materials. 

Oh I know it's meaningful to him.  But I think some people had unrealistic expectations on what this discount would be.  I'm even considering just leaving my pledge where it is without the discounted shipping.

• Like 3

Oh I know it's meaningful to him.  But I think some people had unrealistic expectations on what this discount would be.  I'm even considering just leaving my pledge where it is without the discounted shipping.

Definitely. It's understandable to have high expectations for a discount. These will probably be the heaviest pieces of resin any of us will own. That's easy to forget.

I had figured it would be a pound or two off but I had anticipated it happening at the earlier levels so more people would be inclined to join or up their amount.

They can still lower the price of the lower levels. They said they would expand the discount. 

• Like 2

I've never waffled so hard and so long as I have with these.  Between the exchange rate and the shipping, I just for the life me can't justify how expensive these are.

I was mildly underwhelmed by the first Happy Seppuku KS and feel these would fit the bill perfectly.

I. Just. Can't. Afford. It. and it's killing me!

• Like 6

I've never waffled so hard and so long as I have with these.  Between the exchange rate and the shipping, I just for the life me can't justify how expensive these are.

I was mildly underwhelmed by the first Happy Seppuku KS and feel these would fit the bill perfectly.

I. Just. Can't. Afford. It. and it's killing me!

I am in the same boat.  I am grateful I can still wait and sit on it for a little longer.  There are 4 that I really want, and a few more I want, but could probably live without.

• Like 3

You could always find someone and split an order...

This is the best way to save money but it's much easier said than done for a lot of us. It would be great if someone set up a group buy but that's pretty rare outside of familiar circles of personal acquaintances. With the new All the Basius pledge level it's possible. 

• Like 3