Sign in to follow this  
scorpio616

Seablade the Octopus

Recently saw some octopi minis done up with each tentacle separate from the body and wanted to have a few. And as luck would have it, I've scored a few toy octopi on the cheap of recent. Here's the work so far on this one.

Chop... chop...

post-12161-0-52517800-1411792738_thumb.jpg

Blue food colouring with acrylic floor finish

post-12161-0-69232900-1411792748_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just reading the topic title, I figured 'Seablade' was a boat ... Like a fantasy trireme or something ... Then I spotted it didn't say, "Seablade +AND+ the Octopus".

Gargantuan Octopi names: Whipfoam, Wavecoil, Waveserpent, Inkslinger, Deepreach...

Its the name of the toy. In the original form it does a whirlwind attack with it's tentacles if you push it along.

post-12161-0-12757100-1411814719.jpg

I was actually kinda surprised they did a halfway decent job on the mold of the thing.

I almost kept the jolly roger tattoo, but the paint they used for that and the black of the eye came right off during sterilization. I clean used toys with Isopropyl Alcohol and the ink came off on contact. 

I probably could have a done a better job on the thing, but i want to be done with it so it doesn't join the ever growing backlog of stuff I start but don't finish for months or years.

Posted in show off.

• Like 2