Sign in to follow this  
AnneO'Leary

Bombshell Babe Cave Girl vs the Giant Spider Diorama

Anne as always, excellent. The colors fit together perfectly and you absoulutely got the pulp look to perfection. Big congrats ;)

• Like 1

A strong woman out hunting down an arachnidian dinner for her loved ones home in the cave; I love it! Great work!

• Like 2

I really like the composition of this piece. Your use of space having the spider crawl up the side of the plinth is excellent. Way to break the 4th wall!

• Like 2

FANTASTIC! She is even LOVELIER that I had imagined...considering my imagination that is saying something. Your brushwork & use of colors is OUTSTANDING; you just keep getting better with each new creation. The base is WONDROUS to behold; it perfectly sets the scene. INCREDIBLY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Shes got a good weapon for squashin' spiders.

Can you imagine the amount of goo that would come flying out of that spider if one squished it?  Now THAT would make a great dio.

Anne as always, excellent. The colors fit together perfectly and you absoulutely got the pulp look to perfection. Big congrats ;)

Thank you Limey!

A strong woman out hunting down an arachnidian dinner for her loved ones home in the cave; I love it! Great work!

It's enough to make any man's heart beat faster.

Anne this is beautiful. Wonderful use of local color with respect to her hair and her weapon; just perfect!

Thank you my friend!

I really like the composition of this piece. Your use of space having the spider crawl up the side of the plinth is excellent. Way to break the 4th wall!

Thank you so much. I'm still new to dio's and am hoping one day to improve enough so my work doesn't scream "amateur". 

FANTASTIC! She is even LOVELIER that I had imagined...considering my imagination that is saying something. Your brushwork & use of colors is OUTSTANDING; you just keep getting better with each new creation. The base is WONDROUS to behold; it perfectly sets the scene. INCREDIBLY WELL DONE!

You know how long I worked on this thing dahlink and the amount of frustration I experienced along the way.  I'm just glad the thing is off my painting table at last.

::o: Wow, just ::o:

Thank you!

• Like 1

Wonderful job on this one Anne! I always love the way you use colors on all your figures, this is no exception. I also really enjoy the scene you put forth in this vignette, so cool.

I had a heckuva time with those little cords holding her club together.

Hellacious base work! Beautiful piece.

• Like 1

Love this! Especially that the spider is crawling up the base. That's great placement, it keeps the diorama from looking cluttered and busy. Wow!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      My miniatures list has more varieties of pulp than a paper-mill town grocery's orange juice aisle. Mad scientists, apes, cultists, cosmic horrors, spacemen, sky pirates, zeppelineers, two-fisted heroes, etc. But not a lot of what was for several decades, the most common pulp villain. Let's paint something for our heroes to fight!

Artizan's Thrilling Tales line comes through once again. 
      Here are two horrible and officious jerks, on a pre-dawn hunt for Resistance agents. "Oberst von Stroop" is the one with the gun; "Major Kreipe" the one with the satchel and the dueling scar.

We've seen a couple of the Resistance before, but I believe this is the first time I've posted a picture of "Georges." I had fun with the argyle sweater-vest.

Georges' briefcase contains a surprise! 

Some more baddies: "Colonel Braun," a perfectly pompous sculpt, and the "Kaiserin" from Brigade Games. (Also Erwin Rommel, previously posted elsewhere).

(Couple more pictures of Zenith's commandoes, from 50075, if you click below.)

And on another, stranger front...
      This is "Private Trummer," an old and not particularly motivated soldier sent on special detail with a special unit. He sees nothing, he hears no-othing, and he knows NO-O-O-OTHING! 

It doesn't do to see, hear, or know too much when you're out with the armored Sturm Battalion Zorn. (Pictured: Flamethrower and Rifleman III. I added an extra gas tank from Bombshell to the Flamethrower unit.)

Battalion Zorn is led by "Captain Rohr," a merciless and ambitious creep.

Funnily enough, for a man who sees and hears nothing, Private Trummer has a knack for not being around in a crisis...

Finally, a group shot, as such groups should be. 

• By lexomatic
      This looks pretty fun. Apologies for formatting on my phone and stuff got lost. They pay a living wage
    • By Evilhalfling
      Is this encounter a matter of survival or planned by the sorceress.  Her story either way seems... fishy. 

First attempt at a large resin Diorama. 
      It needs the resin sides sanded/buffed with a mechanical sander.  By hand the resin just turns cloudy, so ill will leave it this way until I have access to the proper tool.
      a few additional refinements should be done before I enter it into competition 
      - more work on wave/ripple patterns.
      - change color / wetness of raft. 
      -paint base black. 

I am happy with it as a display piece,  I just need to keep the dust off, a the wave surface will be a headache to clean. 

WIP Thread.

• By Shadespyre
      Hello Reaper friends!  You might remember I did a whole tribe of Hill Giants on a display board, with hex bases?

This is my follow up to that, this time: Stone Giants.

Errrm, it all got a bit out of hand, and I'd LOVE some input from you all, please

This is where I'm at after a week and I'm a bit stuck tbh.

I think I need to decide more about what the "finish" will look like before I go a lot further. Once I cover that foam with more than paint it's going to be harder to make changes. I'm thinking of sort of "cladding" it in pieces of slate, with sculpted  bits / groundwork in the gaps?

I'd also love to hear suggestions for other miniatures and features to add to the scene to break up those big open rocky spaces. Current extra bits and bobs are just there for a sense of scale and how extra minis might "interrupt" or "enhance" the scene.

Some next steps though:
      - cork around the hexes on the platforms for the bases to fit into
      - some sort of "door frame"
      - "box in" the sides (which are cut out of a continuing mountainside, in my head at least)

Please, rain your ideas and encouragements upon me!

• By SparrowMarie
      So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt. 

I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world. 

I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross. 

I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that.  Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.   
      This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis. 

I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
      First stages of mock up.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)