Girot's CAV To-Do List

Girot

I've promised a handful of CAV resources in the near future.  I'm going to list the ones I remember here so those interested can get updates and make requests.  Here is the list so far:

• Force Group Example PDF [50%]:  This will contain updated versions of all of the FGs I've created so far.  I will be adding new FGs of various sizes so there is something for everybody.
  • Scale Reference PDF [80%]:  This will contain all of the scale reference pics I've created so far in one easy download.  The PDF will include a table of contents, an index of everything you see in the pictures, and hyper links to the product owners websites.
  • "Black Market" Unit Card Pack PDF [1%]:  The metal minis that didn't make it onto the List of Doom are still available in metal but won't get getting "officially" updated to CAV:SO.  I will create unit cards for these models in the style of black market goods.  I'll discuss the "legality" of these once I get started on them.
  • How To Work With CAV Bones Video [5%]:  A short informational video detailing the pleasures and perils of working with Bones as they pertain to CAV.
  • How To Paint CAV Video [1%]:  This will likely be a series of videos covering the Dictator-B, the Cougar, and the Specter.  I'll discuss paint schemes, prep, planning, and do a time lapse/fast forward of me painting each model.
  • How To Convert CAV Video [1%]:  This will focus mostly on Bones but I will include some tips for customizing the metal models as well.  REQUESTS:  Magnetics
  • Homemade CAV Terrain Video [1%]:  I have a huge box of plastic junk.  Watch as I turn a bunch of it into CAV terrain!

I'll see about getting the PDFs hosted by Talon Games or Mil-Net Productions once they're complete.  That'll be a much more reliable home for them than my Dropbox account, lol.  Videos will get uploaded to YouTube.

As I have a two day jobs I will be working on this stuff in my free time.  The PDFs I can crank out pretty quickly but the videos are something I'll be working on slowly between now and KS fulfillment.  I will make a bunch of noise as each thing pops up so don't worry about missing anything.  ::D:

Lastly, thank you to all of the KS backers and the new additions to the CAV community!

Edited by Girot
  • Like 5

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't mind, which three CAVs were you thinking of painting? I'll pick ones that you aren't and put those up on my channel. I'll be able to do them when the early birds ship.

Good question!

I'll declare dibbs on the Dictator-B, Cougar, and the Specter for the videos.

Edited by Girot

I've got some pics from a couple kitbashes I've been working on, if they'd help.  They're not as high quality as your stuff, but they're on offer if you want them.  Been considering trying to write a The Craft submission (Working title: When the Quatermaster doesn't understand your Big Stompy Robot), but haven't had the time to GS a weapon mount for figure #3.

Edited by Foxden Racing
  • Like 1

Good question!

I'll declare dibbs on the Dictator-B, Cougar, and the Specter for the videos.

Fair 'nuph. I'll queue up the Tiamat, Assassin, and Razor. Was going to do the Halberd as my third to spread the factions, but I like the Razor more.

I do reserve the right to do the Specter after those three, tho! But your idea so you get firsties.

I'm also going to try a tank pair. Got some non-Reaper tanks, so similar but not exact. Have to see just how many series I can juggle. Need to paint more anyway!

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 1

Sounds like a plan!

I need to clear a couple big things off my desk before I jump into this with both feet.  Once I get started though I will probably paint my entire inventory of CAV models.  Mostly the videos will focus on the Bones as those are the resources the Backers will want/need.  After that imma have a field day.  ::D:

• Like 1

All this stuff is of interest to me and I applaud the effort you put in to this stuff.

Two things I'd really love to see you do if they aren't too much trouble would be magnetizing parts in the Converting CAV video and scale shots with Dropzone Commander tanks in the Scale Reference PDF.

As a side question do people normally post CAV painting and terrain modelling threads in this forum or in the relevant general forums?

• Like 1

All this stuff is of interest to me and I applaud the effort you put in to this stuff.

Two things I'd really love to see you do if they aren't too much trouble would be magnetizing parts in the Converting CAV video and scale shots with Dropzone Commander tanks in the Scale Reference PDF.

As a side question do people normally post CAV painting and terrain modelling threads in this forum or in the relevant general forums?

Thanks!   ::D:

Magnets I can do, no problem.  The DZC scale reference pic would mean acquiring at least one of those models.  If they come in metal that'll work just fine.  That Rifleman I bought went right into the melting bin after I took the pictures.   :devil:

Painting/Terrain/Etc would go in the appropriate sub-thread of the Craft Corner.  Finished work can be displayed in Show Off.

Edited by Girot

Magnets are something I am interested in.

This past weekend I got the opportunity to look over some CAV models and some of them had been set up with magnets between the "Head" and the "body". This seemed to make storing them easier and I really liked the swivel action you could get with the head.

If I can I obtain one of them for a reasonable price I'll go for it. :D

EDIT: okay I dug around and I'm a fan of the UCM Bear APCs. They clock in at 49mm long, very close to the Centipede. I'll pick up a pair to use with my infantry and to get that scale ref shot for you.

Edited by Girot
  • Like 1