Sign in to follow this  
Girot

Girot's CAV To-Do List

EDIT: okay I dug around and I'm a fan of the UCM Bear APCs. They clock in at 49mm long, very close to the Centipede. I'll pick up a pair to use with my infantry and to get that scale ref shot for you.

Are those about the same size as the CAV:SO vehicles?

Good luck on your projects, I hope you get them all done! If I could help you I would! :)

• Like 1

EDIT: okay I dug around and I'm a fan of the UCM Bear APCs. They clock in at 49mm long, very close to the Centipede. I'll pick up a pair to use with my infantry and to get that scale ref shot for you.

Are those about the same size as the CAV:SO vehicles?

That's what I'm aiming to find out!  Don't get me wrong though, I'm a CAV purist.  There was a request for Dropzone Commander scale reference shots so I needed to research something from that line that I liked (and could put to use).

A funny couple of things happened.  First a friend I play Warhammer with saw that I had picked up the BT box and told me he had some mechs that were a part of large Ebay lot he could trade to me.   Those mechs turned out to be CAVs.  Second the place I had ordered some of the Dropzone Commander plastics from delivered them to my door before I even knew they had them in stock. 

Anyway, I decided to take a quick shot:

Mech_DZC_scale_small.jpg

That's the plastic Atlas from BT, and Vanquisher from CAV in the back.  In the front it's the APC, infantry and AA tank from DZC.

Edited by lowlylowlycook
  • Like 1

What's the name of that APC lowlylowlycook??

Thanks

EDIT: Stopped being lazy and Googled it. They're the UCM Bear APC

Edited by Brother Jim

Does anyone know if the Vanquisher pictured above will look the same in Bones? The picture on the Kickstarter looks similar but it looks narrower. If it matches the metal one I might "need" one.

For myself, I'm planning to use DZC Shaltari as Psyros, they're kind of close-ish to the look outlined in JOR1 - just need to create some kind of stats for them.

I also hope that CAVBOSS might have them in the back of his mind for future CAV antagonists.

Just bumped into Comfy Chair Games Spider Mechs . . . They could likely be kit bashed into some rocking Psyros!!

If they're still available . . . 

BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the Vanquisher pictured above will look the same in Bones? The picture on the Kickstarter looks similar but it looks narrower. If it matches the metal one I might "need" one.

That metal version is the original Vanquisher and has been reclassified as the Vanquisher A.

The Bones version is the Vanquisher '74, now the Vanquisher B, and is a more advanced version (via fluff).  The '74 indicates the year it was made (again via fluff).

Just bumped into Comfy Chair Games Spider Mechs . . . They could likely be kit bashed into some rocking Psyros!!

Contacted Comfy Chair Games and the Spider Mechs are still available. It seems the owner of the company actually uses them as Borsig-Spline Spiders, so he's a CAV player! :-)

• Like 1

Is the difference between the A and '74 the shoulder weapons or are they entirely different sculpts and I can't tell?

So far as I can tell same body different missile launchers.

• Like 1