AntiMatter

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe 2-3 hours. I was not timing it exactly, and most of the time was on the highlights. This does not include waiting for the washes to dry. The original one I painted a while back took much longer, around 10-12 hours as I was much more careful.

That one can be found here. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51607-nautiloid-chrysalid/?hl=nautiloid

Previously, I used much less blue ink for the wash, and more medium to keep the orange hue to the shell. This time I added a lot more blue ink to the shadow wash and went for a greenish hue.

Edited by AntiMatter
  • Like 2

These are so beautiful! I've been having fun messing around with the Inktensity set, but I love seeing what I'm aiming for. How many ink colors in all are you using? Not necessarily for this one as you listed them, but overall. Just curious as I find these gradients wonderful!

• Like 1

These are so beautiful! I've been having fun messing around with the Inktensity set, but I love seeing what I'm aiming for. How many ink colors in all are you using? Not necessarily for this one as you listed them, but overall. Just curious as I find these gradients wonderful!

Thanks! Overall, I have about 12 regular ink colors and 4 metallics. Some colors are used less than others.

Edited by AntiMatter
  • Like 1

I saw something on metallic inks the other day. I'm curious about them as I've never been super satisfied with acrylic metallic paints. I'm pretty happy with Valejo metallics, and I've been wanting to try the Scale 75 ones... but a metallic ink sound intriguing. Something like this?

http://www.dickblick.com/items/21148-2009/

I saw something on metallic inks the other day. I'm curious about them as I've never been super satisfied with acrylic metallic paints. I'm pretty happy with Valejo metallics, and I've been wanting to try the Scale 75 ones... but a metallic ink sound intriguing. Something like this?

http://www.dickblick.com/items/21148-2009/

I have gold, silver and bronze. They are interesting but coverage is not very good. The bronze is nice as a base over white, before washing with turquoise ink, then highlighting with reaper silver. That is my go-to dark colored metal.

• Like 1