Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77184: Forest Spirit

I especially love the glowing eyes- they remind me of Tolkien's ents!  Excellent shading.  You keep improving- it's awesome to watch!  I love the more muted color scheme with the more recent paintjob.  It's very cohesive.  It sets a nice woodland tone.  Great work!

• Like 1

He looks great such depth. I love your paintwork on him and your bases are always top notch. He looks like such a fun mini with all the bits and details. The improvement over a year is fantastic. I wish I could improve that much in one year. 

• Like 1

Thanks!

oh he's painted with a mix of Reaper paints and normal acrylics =P for some of the colors I don't own and couldn't mix up properly myself

I noticed just how many details I missed when I first painted this guy. I'm going to repaint my version now =P I can't stand him anymore

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 3

Thanks!

oh he's painted with a mix of Reaper paints and normal acrylics =P for some of the colors I don't own and couldn't mix up properly myself

I noticed just how many details I missed when I first painted this guy. I'm going to repaint my version now =P I can't stand him anymore

They both look really great Siri! Maybe you should hold onto your original for another year and see how you've progressed then as well. I think I'm inspired to go repaint one of the first LTPK minis I did. The very first was the Giant, or was it Dire, Rat? Probably the swordsman guy, or Bertok. Either way, great job! I've always wanted to paint that guy as well!

• Like 1

I especially love the glowing eyes- they remind me of Tolkien's ents!  Excellent shading.  You keep improving- it's awesome to watch!  I love the more muted color scheme with the more recent paintjob.  It's very cohesive.  It sets a nice woodland tone.  Great work!

I agree with Corporea! This is a great comparison, and the new one really looks like a great piece.

Will you paint another one in another year?

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2

Thanks!

Please don't.  Keeping originals like this helps the community - especially newcomers, see how time really can bring improvements.

Thanks!

Please don't.  Keeping originals like this helps the community - especially newcomers, see how time really can bring improvements.

Haha okay, I won't =) Can't fault that reasoning. Perhaps I do need to paint another in another year, and put him in the line up

• Like 2