The travels of Sir Forscale and friends...The chatter/photo thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sir Forscale stopped by Seattle today.  Some of his friends decided to stay with me.  You can see the ones that wanted to stay in this pic below.   http://tinypic.com/m/ie3rcj/1   2 Bones Goblins,

My picks out of the box [put in a lot more than I took out, if you count freebies and sketches =P] I'll try to get better picture tomorrow And went ahead and built the super amazing BATTLE DOLPHIN! =

So here's what I got out of my box.  I ended up putting in a lot more than I took out.  

Posted Images

Wait, we're snail-painting something in the box? Can I do the eyes? ::D:

I would like to reserve da boots. Because reasons. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

What is "snail-painting"? I feel I am missing something obvious and perhaps clever.

• Like 2

Darsc, looking at the thread about shipping to Canada, it seems likely that it will take another few days at least for the box to make it to you. I'll look back and see if I can find the date that I mailed it...

EDIT: Okay, looks like I mailed it on October 8th, and most people report 2-3 weeks for packages to arrive from Reaper. I don't think the couple of days that it takes for USPS to get packages across the USA are causing the delay here, so the earliest you're likely to get anything is Oct 22nd, and as long as it shows up before the end of the month it's not unusually late. I'd still love if it actually, you know, arrived. Soon.

I'm used to parcels taking this long to reach me from Reaper and other places back east, was just expecting it to be quicker given how close Seattle and Vancouver are.

but Darsc,   the way the mail service works is they first ship it east to Boston's main sorting station, who then sends it to Toronto for customs, which thens send it to Halifax for sorting, who then finally send it west to you (via seattle)   :devil: ...

• Like 7

D= you'd let someone other than you paint your Kaladrax? I couldn't do that...my dragons!

I would let you Siri, paint any of the dragons I have still sitting there because I am too scared to start them.  There is just sooo much surface on those biguns!

• Like 4

Yeah, the centralized sorting thing is a pita. Luckily I live very close to the one for here. A few years ago I ordered something from Amazon Prime as a last minute Christmas gift. They shipped it to Arkansas by way of Washington. From Kentucky. Needless to say it did not arrive on time. 

• Like 3

Jeepers, Siri, you drew the pictures, got the package, picked a mini, started a WIP thread! and sent it on, all within three days.

Well done.

Jeepers, Siri, you drew the pictures, got the package, picked a mini, started a WIP thread! and sent it on, all within three days.

Well done.

You just made me laugh at the "jeepers" comment.

Sombody call for me?

• Like 7

Is it OK to post in progress pics of Sir Forscale or his overburdened squire? Is this happening and I have failed to notice the threads?

Canada and Mail

I had a rather negative eBay experience involving the Canada mails. I won an auction for some warhammer figures but six weeks after auction close nothing had shown up. All I got from asking the seller what was up was a curt "hey I sent them...shrug" and no tracking info. At about 8 weeks I punched the negative feedback buttons and all the way to Red. This made the seller quite angry, angry enough to divulge more info: the box had returned to him marked invalid address, and he copy-pasted the address from the label to "prove" that he'd really sent it, this divulged that he had made a one character error in the name of the city.

A one character error would never, ever, deter the USPO from delivering that box Somewhere. In the instance above he had all nine digits of the US zipcode correct. And given that, USPO would have corrected/ignored the typo and sent it on. But not Royal Canada Mail :huh: Evidently, prior to crossing the border the address is examined by machine, and not a very clever machine, but a machine told that the address must Exactly match a US address, otherwise:

Return To Sender

(If anybody cares I never got a refund or any figures...and that ebay&paypal account are long dead. This was years ago. Water under a long-since burned bridge over a now dried up creek bed.)

Nine digits of zip code will get a piece of mail to the correct local post office and delivery route If USPO can ever get their hands on it. (For a value of 'hands' that really means giant automated sorting machines the size of buses designed by Siemens and Northrop Grumman.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any progress pix on the communal paint jobs. I had reckoned on taking my own photos of whatever shows up and heads off, but was unsure about showing them off.

• Like 2

So I'm probably just terribly unobservant but I totally didn't realize that Forescale was supposed to be a communal paintjob. 

Man, I totally suck, guys. I'm sorry.

Ulf will have to paint my part for me. XD

Edited by CatBat
  • Like 2

Is it OK to post in progress pics of Sir Forscale or his overburdened squire? Is this happening and I have failed to notice the threads?

I'd say that's up to each coordinator, but my personal preference (for my group) would be to have the coordinators take the final pics so it's a surprise for everyone to see what they look like at the very end.

• Like 6