gwangi32

Swords against Chaos

Four roughly dressed rivermen come into view from the river trail. They are singing a drinking song about a drunken orc chasing a milk cow. They stop abruptly as they sight the three of you.

"Here now, what'er ya laddies doin in these parts?," asks the largest of the group, pushing forward. He seems to be on the verge of threatening but willing to talk.

Then a smaller fellow, with wispy wiskers, and wheezy, whining voice spits out, "Thems freaks has some o ar booty there in theys paws." He points at the wine bottle in Otto's hand.

The four men grab for weapons and shout curses at the three of you.

Your move. The four men are twenty five feet away and are coming forward. The path is clear terrain but on either side is forest. Behind you is the waterfall and stream leading out of the fall. Post your action and I will roll the dice and tie it in.

Otto The crossbow bolt takes the whiny smuggler in the chest. Knocking him down and apparently out of the combat.

Ragnar With the bloodthirsty enthusiasm of his oath Ragnar meets the charging rivermen. They are not properly prepared still bringing their weapons into play when the dwarven axe smashes the life out of the leader. But the dwarf is also injured. The riverman's sword has opened a cut on his left arm.

The remaining two smugglers break off the charge and flee in opposite directions. Fleeing into the forest they will make difficult targets. Otto's crossbow will not be reloaded in time.

And now your next set of actions please.

"They're not even worth chasin', I've a better challenge fightin' goblin children," Ragnar says as he spits tobacco juice on the dead leader. "Let's go find us some orcs 'r somethin', maybe a bear." He shows no sign that he is aware of his wound.

"I thought you wanted to go huntin'.", growls Ragnar, "You humans just cain't make up yer minds, can ya?" He grumbles and spits as he stomps along beside Otto. Suddenly, he stops, looks around, and shouts, "Where'd that blasted elf get ta? Just like a stinkin' poinny ear, wanderin' off in the middle of a fight."

"He probably went off to compose an epic poem about your victory over the recently deceased smuggler.By the way, that's a pretty ugly cut you got there(points at arm). Do you want it bandaged, or would you prefer to bleed it out?"

"That ain't nuthin' but a scratch, but if you wanna bandage it, be my guest. Don't make no nevermind ta me."

Otto washes off the wound with some water from his flask, and ties it off with a strip cut from the whiny bandit's shirt. "You know,Ragnar, considering the grace you showed bulling that oaf over, maybe Hollin will add some interpretive dance to his poem about you...."

Ragnar smiles, showing a mouthful of broken, rotten, and crooked teeth, truly a horrible sight. "Ha! I'm buyin' ya a beer er twelve fer that one, lad!'

Otto smiles at the thought, knowing that during the time it would take him to drink twelve beers, Ragnar would consume twelve barrels, then smash the empties to kindling.

"Maybe we should look for our lost companion. There just might be goblins in the area capable of waylaying an inexperienced elf......"

Ragnar's smile disappears when Otto suggests finding the elf. "I ain't wastin' my time lookin' for a lost pointy ears!" He pauses, realising exactly what the man just said, then brightens again. "Goblins, ya say? Well, then, that's different! Yer the tracker, get ta trackin'!"

Otto starts working his way to the spot Hollin was last seen, stopping to pull his crossbow bolt out of the chest of the Whiner.