Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gwangi32

Swords against Chaos

Recommended Posts

Ragnar, swaying on his feet, is eyeing the surrounding woodsmen, not knowing their intentions. Even with his waning strength, he still manages to hold his axe up, ready to deliver a killing blow if necessary. "Whoareyanwhatreyadoinhere," he mumbles, his gruff voice barely above a whisper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am Buller, a huntsman for the Knight of Frakstein. These others are some huntsman and some mercenaries. We been hunting a band o' big beasties. We followed for some weeks and then they moved this way and must a joined up for a big attack."

 

Buller gestures and two men come forward. "These two can bandage wounds and set up your freind for some walking. The rest o us are going to see if we can't help the town."

 

So saying the band of men move off through the trees. They will be able to stay in cover and circle to the town close to the riverbank. The two remaining men break out bandages and ointments.

 

"We have some herbs in this pigfat that I was taught were healing by a Damsel of the Lady back home," says the taller of the two.

 

Aside You may accept help or not. Then there is where you will go from here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragnar says nothing else as he sways drunkenly back and forth. It is obvious that he is in need of serious medical aid, but it is apparent by the set of the stubborn dwarf's jaw that he will never ask for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must appologize for the delay in my posting. I have a new assignment at work that eats up alot of time right now. I hope to keep on trucking though.

 

The healing herbs stpo the blood flow and give Ragnar some relief from the pain of his wounds.

 

"No the creature we were hunting was not a minotaur. Something more foul if that can be believed." Buller replies to Otto's question. Then gesturing at the beastmen closing in on Frakstein "But we didn't know that this horde of beasts was out in the forests. Who knows what other monsters are out in the wilds."

 

"We must be moving on, will you come with us?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragnar, who is feeling better, but not by much, just nods and grumbles something about "Keeping the manling out of trouble".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the delay, been all over the Northwesr in the last month. Things should be settled for a bit

 

You find that the careful movement of the scouting party is within Ragnar's capability. Yet all too soon you see the battle raging. The defenders of Frakstien have been caught at the docks. Small defensive towers on the shore have provided a rally point. Hand gunners and three small mortars are keeping the beastmen at bay.

 

Buller speaks with his troop and then turns to you. "We plan to strike the rear of the monsters there by the nearest flank. It may panic them and we'll be able to join with the people of Frakstien. Jourant says that he can't see any boats at the docks or either of the ferries," he gestures at the expatriate Bretonnian who had provided the herbs and is the only one carrying a bow. "We may be fighting our way into a trap, but we feel it is what we should do. Will you join us?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sounds of the battle seem to revive Ragnar, and the killing fire is once again rekindled in his eyes. A low growl begins in his throat as his hands regain their iron grip on the haft of his axe. "Well, let's not stand around gawkin' then!" He makes a slight turn towards Otto and says in a lower, more dangerous voice, "Let's go."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bretonnian has the weapon with the longest range. Three of his arrows find targets before the crossbows of the other huntsmen and Otto are in range. A volley of bolts and the beastmen are aware that they are under attack. Most panic and flee toward the center of the battle line. With the flank turned there is an opening.

 

You slip through and find a position on the rough barracade. There are no ships, boats, canoes or rafts left. There are 300 people, perhaps forty soldiers and the rest militia (at best). But the panic caused by your attack has spread. The mortar and handgun fire has encouraged the beastmen to retreat.

 

The battle may be over, or the beastmen may be hiding out of sight in the city. Flames eat at many of the buildings. Acrid fumes and smoke swirl around you. After some minutes men and women begin to feel wounds not noticed in the heat of battle. Healers and waterbearers move among you. A knight asks for volunteers to go out and scout the beastmen position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...