Terrain size for CAV?

Depends on how you approach the issue.  using 10' as a base line, we have 120", 160th. of that comes out to 0.75"

In Shards the levels being used are 1", so I suppose it needs to be determined what standard is being used to set a level at. 

Edited by Watchman
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We will be doing up some scaled terrain pieces as well under the Talon Games BattleHex line set specifically to the CAV: SO universe later this year to show off as well.

Ooooh.  4Ground just came out with some interesting stuff for 10mm     Some other stuff too but this looks different than the kind of old fashioned apartment blocks that you see a lot of with DZC.

Here's one of the boards we will be using at ReaperCon this year. Its going through a bit of an upgrade at the moment:  

For CAV 2, 4'x4' is a minimum, with 4'x6' or even 4'x8' being preferable due to the long ranges of most weapons. My upcoming unofficial update is reducing ranges to address this, but still assumes the wargaming standard of 4'x4' as a baseline. For CAV:SO, I know the listed ranges on the data cards is significantly lower, so you might be able to get away with 35", but my sense is that you'll want a little more room to maneuver if you're playing with more than a couple sections.

• Like 1

New Question, How big of a playing area should we have? I found a piece of felt 35in square, is that big enough?

Kinda thought 48x48 was the minimum 'regulation' size?

( :ph34r: ...nice partial ninja move by VH.)

Save that 35x35. If you could find a 48x48 piece of blue cloth. It could be put down first, then put the 35x35 on top, in one corner. Result would be a canal 13 inches wide along two edges of the map.

• Reaper User

CAV:SO is based on 3/4" as an elevation level.

The rule book recommends a 4'x4' area to play on for casual play. Larger maps are even better. I normally play on a 4'x8' game board.

Official tournament size is going to be 4'x3' as we want the action to kick off a little quicker and a board is made up of two 24"x36" pre-printed maps.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...

We will be doing up some scaled terrain pieces as well under the Talon Games BattleHex line set specifically to the CAV: SO universe later this year to show off as well.

In the words of Tina Fey / Liz Lemon:  I want to go to there.  

In the words of Philip J. Fry:  Shut up and take my money! 

• Like 2