This Miniature was a Freebee when I purchased my Frogs, so I thought I would

finish off the DSM's that I have.  I did all the standard prep, then Primed, and put a coat

of Brown Liner on him.  I have now put one coat of Green on his cloak.  I am using this as an undercoat

for another color that I am going to experiment with.  I don't want to do a Green cloak on this miniature;

especially since it has been done in yellows, and Green..  I want something louder than that.

Complex miniature, with lots of little details to mess with.  That face is going to be interesting to deal with,

as is that hair nestled in that cowl !

Here are a couple photos.  Oh, and I'm not rushing these.  I hope that my pace on Guinevere The Queen was

slow enough for everyone to follow along ! 

Here is the Elf Archer:

(Edit Note:  English Jay, English)

post-12655-0-44972300-1412621982_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-11567200-1412621993_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-36932800-1412622002_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-84449400-1412622011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 16
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to this one! Bowstring Jay! Bowstring!

I don't recommend bowstrings on gaming pieces, unless you have extremely considerate gamers.

I don't believe Jay games, at least I don't recall him saying he does.

• Like 1

My mini drawer will not allow any more minis to fit. Lol!

I can always find storage .. limited places to hide it from my wife.... but there are still a few..

But my wallet seems to have another opinion..although I do love Elmore's art and they have so many... I even have the original collectors cards copied from his art work directly .. ahh guidelines for the paint job...

here wallet wallet.. come to daddy...now where can it be hiding (see wife statement above)

• Like 3

Looking forward to this one! Bowstring Jay! Bowstring!

I don't recommend bowstrings on gaming pieces, unless you have extremely considerate gamers.

I don't believe Jay games, at least I don't recall him saying he does.

I myself haven't Gamed, however I have a friend that games, and is also a DM for a game.

I do lend him my miniatures for use in his games, so I think I'll pass on the string for this one.

I find the quality of these DSM's mind blowing.  The Frogs were amazing to paint,

and this piece has so many intricate additions to it.  On the base of the wrist guards there are carved

vines and flowers.  The bulge in the cloak on one side corresponds to the dagger on his right hip.

I was amazed at the way the sculpting flows.  These are first rate artists.

As Ub3r said.. "You don't know what you are missing".

I'm looking forward to painting this guy... and the armor is amazing.

• Like 1

i had a pleasant cool morning painting my Wood Elf Archer today.

I mixed up four shades of my experimental color I wanted to use for the first time,

and proceeded to paint his cloak...Orange.  I have never used it on a miniature before

and figured... "No Guts,No Glory".. so on went the Orange over that really good looking green..LOL.

I really like how this is looking now. 

There are four blended shades of Orange on there.  Folds, flats, Highlights, and

there are some super highlights....look at the edges of the Cowl, and sharp edges.

The choice of Orange now causes me to shuffle my entire thinking process as to what I planned to do with this.

Now where did I put that color Wheel ????

Here are a few photos.

Hope you Like it !

post-12655-0-10508300-1412695811_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-36571000-1412695821_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-39425500-1412695833_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Blue is the contrast to orange just like red/green. So if you want nice shadows in the folds, you can use a little bit of dark blue glaze in there to darken it up.

I really like the orange cloak though, looks like he's in autumn camouflage, hunting from the trees.

• Like 2

Blue is the contrast to orange just like red/green. So if you want nice shadows in the folds, you can use a little bit of dark blue glaze in there to darken it up.

I really like the orange cloak though, looks like he's in autumn camouflage, hunting from the trees.

Thanks Ub3r;

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I'll glaze the folds with some blue to darken then up.

I am thinking browns, and maybe bronze/copper armor, Autumn color elf.

When they are carved this well, the world is the possibility with them !

• Like 2