Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
3D printed on Elegoo Mars.
Part of my Children of the Night Project.
It's night, it rains and it seems everybody in this forsaken town has closed their doors and windows.
Even the Inn seems to be closed, why?
One would think the villagers are afraid of something.
You hear the sound of wings in the dark sky above you.
Suddenly you hear a soft voice:
All alone in the dark? How nice!
You turn around and the last thing you see is the Necromera.
Good lord! More still on the way.
I gotta say, "wow!" Vallejo metals may as well be Magic. It's so much better!
This time tried using sepia ink to line their deeper areas, or bangles. No wash on the skin this time, but i did give in to using it on the outfits and clothing. Needed shade.
I also tested two of them with Corax white primer and two with The Armory grey primer. Only thing that i noticed was it took more layers on the skin with the white. I thought it was going to be easier. Oh well.
More to come for this little dude.
Tried doing a couple things people suggested in my other projects. Mixed inks into paints, went thinner on paint and more layers, focused on less colors and more mixing.
Pretty happy so far.
Will be following up with damage report, but had to post.
Always good to have feedback if you see improvements.
Goblin Menace indeed! I was doing fine with the other group of goblins I did 2 weeks ago, but these little green bast...guys were not as fun.
* Found an EXCELLENT new paintbrush - Master's Touch from Hobby Lobby. Dang! I've been missing this level of spring in the bristles and fine edge with them. Love it.
* Tried diluting steel color with black ink to help with application. Worked great! Will do again.
* Switched the Sta-Wet Palette paper that came with it to just simple parchment paper. I don't know who uses the actual paper in the Sta-Wet Palette, but that stuff is terrible!
* Still using as much breast cancer awareness color pink (got like 4 bottles...need to use!)
* dry brushing the hair came out much better this time. Lighter touch and more layers - worked better.
* Eyes this time were more difficult. Tried doing those chibi eyes, but it wasn't as expressive this time.
* Tried a base color of off-white in the eye - also didn't seem to give as much character to them.
* Washed with Agrax Earthshade around the major bends and muscles. Didn't seem to work as well this time. I think it's time to try that black lining on the next goblin and see if Iike that instead.
* using the new brushes have a bit of a learning curve to them. Much more springy and reduced my need for pressure, however this caused some interesting streaks when I didn't mean to.
* I did it again! I tried using my finger to dab off an excess streak and ended up taking off some of the baselayer AND primer. With that being the second time it's happened - the best way I can describe what I did was the scene in Top Gun where the flight tower Captain gets a second fly-by.
Overall the color of Goblin skin still works great, but basecoat of VCG Flat Green may not have been best. May just add black to Goblin Skin and then lighten it up as I go next time.
Attempted different primers on them:
Girl with spear - primed in black with Vallejo Black spray primer
Chainmail goblin - primed in Vallejo Leather Brown spray primer (didn't like that as much...)
Stone chuckers - both of them were done in paint-on Vallejo grey primer. (worked best)
Overall, they aren't bad, but they aren't my best. Once I base them I'll feel better. Might even go back after a few days to touch them up to see if I can straighten out the things I missed.
As always - open to feedback. Thanks for the tips on the Metallics thread. I put it to use, but still learning.
Who's Online 31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)
- Chris Palmer
- Cranky Dog
- Patrik Strom