Earthdawn RPG Fantasy Miniatures by Impact Miniatures

Impact have been a great company to pledge with on KS,

Most of their projects have been early or on time, with a very few slightly late.

Tom at impact is very responsive and will help you out if he can (eg I picked a team they had already got cast up on their recent fantasy football KS and he shipped it to me early rather than waiting until all the new casting was done), he also sent a replacement for a missing mini from one of the Chibi KS projects without any problem.

The only thing to be aware of is these are being produced in trollcast, a spincast resin so there may well be more flash/mould gates to be removed than you'd expect with a metal mini as well as an occasional bubble hole to fill, but nothing even a moderately experience modeller would have problems

This has been my experience as well - their Dungeon Adventurer's kickstarter was a few months late, but was also a lot bigger in scope than their subsequent kickstarters (They also replaced a number of figures that weren't salvageable for me on that project). Their Asian adventurers shipped early and were much better quality as they'd learned a lot more about the limitations of the Trollcast material by then.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update #1 Oct 10 2014

50% funded. Thank you backers!

50% funded in the first 72 hours. Thank you backers that is a great start.

I am discussing with FASA about mentioning us in their next update for the 4th Edition Earthdawn game which will hopefully be coming in the next 2 weeks. I know making sure we get mentioned to those 1,012 backers could really help us fund and reach stretch goals so that is a project I am working on. I saw this project was mentioned in the comments of the Earthdawn KS so I appreciate that as it definitely helped get us some extra coverage.

In the remaining 3 weeks, what you can do to help the project is just mention it once somewhere. On Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, a forum that you like or to your friends at a face to face gaming session. KickStarters live and thrive from social media and interaction so anything you can do to bring light to the project is much appreciated.

I've seen some early comments about which mold backers would like to see unlock next and I am really looking forward to getting votes on what should unlock next once we fund.

Finally I know the KS front page currently says the first mold will unlock at $4,000. However that is an estimate based on guessing what the pledge composition will look like. I will run the numbers as soon as we fund and if I can bring that stretch goal number down (even if it is just to $3,900) I will do so to help try and get as many of these figures available to you for your selections when the project ends.

Also as soon as the project funds we will have our caster start making the molds for the initial set of miniatures. I know the delivery date says spring of 2015 ... but I will do everything I can to make sure we deliver ahead of that date if possible.

Thank you again backers for helping us reach this important milestone for the KickStarter and I look forward to discussing the project with you over the next 3 weeks.

Tom @ Impact!

I like Impact! as a company but these minis are pretty poor. There's a reason we stopped producing miniatures like this in the 80s/90s. Sculpting and production processes improved and the quality of miniatures today is so much better.

Understood Beagle ... but I've found some people really like the old school look.   Also when I was approached by Kevin Bledsoe and asked if I could help him do something with the ZN Games assets from his son ... I promised to do my best to get it all back available to the public.   I like doing the new stuff ... but I will admit some of these older figures have a lot of appeal to me.

• Like 3

I like Impact! as a company but these minis are pretty poor. There's a reason we stopped producing miniatures like this in the 80s/90s. Sculpting and production processes improved and the quality of miniatures today is so much better.

Understood Beagle ... but I've found some people really like the old school look.   Also when I was approached by Kevin Bledsoe and asked if I could help him do something with the ZN Games assets from his son ... I promised to do my best to get it all back available to the public.   I like doing the new stuff ... but I will admit some of these older figures have a lot of appeal to me.

Horses for courses, we all have different tastes.

75% funded with 2 1/2 weeks to go. A thank you to FASA

Comment

♥ Liked

1 like

We just crossed the line of 75% funded and we are only 25% into the total time for the KickStarter. So right now we are in good shape and I really look forward to discussing soon which molds we attempt to unlock with the first stretch goal.

For those just joining this KickStarter, the current plan is that as soon as the project funds we are going to send the master sets off to our caster to begin working on the molds (so we delay the project the minimum amount possible). It is our plan and hope to deliver this project way ahead of the promised delivery date if we can make it happen.

Finally, I want to thank Ross the CEO at FASA for the shout-out last night on the Earthdawn KickStarter for our project. That was much appreciated. For those that did not see it in the front page, FASA is donating its licensing fee to the Chris Bledsoe Pay-It-Forward Memorial fund for this project and for any subsequent sales of the figures. So FASA has no material gain for giving us that shout out, but we greatly appreciate it as we've had $400 in new contributions to this KickStarter since the shout-out. So again many thanks and much appreciated for Ross at FASA being so helpful and generous in regards to this campaign to return these miniatures to production.

For those that are contributing to this campaign that are not part of the original Earthdawn RPG KickStarter here are Ross's words from last night:

Chris Bledsoe ran the old Ral Partha for us for a couple of years in the late 90's. While with us he was diagnosed with cancer. He passed away a couple of years later. Chris came with Bob Watts and was part of Heartbreaker Miniatures. It appears that before he died, he was able to acquire a whole bunch of the Heartbreaker molds and masters, including the licensed Earthdawn figures. These have been sitting in boxes for the last 10 plus years. When this cache was rediscovered, Impact! Miniatures was requested to bring it all back to market with a lot of the proceeds going to a memorial fund in Chris's honor. I have agreed to a license for the Earthdawn stuff with any royalties going to Chris's fund.

For those wondering about the memorial fund being spoken of ... it is here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007944226764&sk=about&section=bio

Here is hoping that my next update is soon and is discussing being funded and what everyone wants to consider for stretch goal #1

Tom @ Impact!

Some of the minis are the kind of klunky old school that I'm not a fan of, but others are really neat.  I'd like a Despairthought and maybe a 3 pack of T'Skrang ... but what I really really want are those horrors that seem to be WAY down the unlock list.

Update #3   Funded! Stretch Goal #1 ... backers please vote for what will unlock

Thank you backers!   We funded the project today.   We are just past the half way point in the total time of the KickStarter so definitely we can unlock one and possibly two stretch goals with just keeping at the rate we are going so that is great news and I very much appreciate your support.

Now comes the fun part.  Stretch Goals.   For this KickStarters, the backers will totally determine what will unlock for the next stretch goal.

Each backer can pick up to 3 mold numbers (see the front page for the list) that they would like to buy if if they were added to the list of figures we mold and cast.   When we reach the stretch goal the mold # with the most votes will be unlocked and added as an option to pick from in the main table.   Note that some molds have more than one miniature in them.   So if that mold wins all of those figures will unlock as options (and then also as a discounted set).

Just post a comment to this update with the 3 mold numbers that have your vote to let me know what should be unlocked when we reach the stretch goal.

The front page said the first stretch goal would be at $4,000.   I've been talking with our caster and he is confident that some items will come in under our original budget.   As a result, we can announce that the first stretch goal will unlock at $3,800 instead.

Let anyone with an interest in Earthdawn you know now we've funded and are unlocking more figures.   Now is the time to join this KickStarter and vote to have any figures not originally offered that were of interest added to the mix.

Thank you again for your support in helping this project fund.

Tom @ Impact!

Sorry if the stretch goal list was confusing.   That is definitely not the order they will unlock in.   Each stretch goal the backers vote on which mold should unlock.   Whatever wins is what unlocks.  So if the Horrors were the most desired mold ... that would be the one that unlocked first.    The list is actually in order by the mold numbers that the original Heartbreaker Earthdawn figures used.