I finished Guinevere the Queen from Thunderbolt Mountain a few days ago.

Thought I would post her here now.

This is a small mini, so I included a photo of a 28mm to let you see the scale.

I adore working on Tom Meier's works, his sculpting is amazing;

and he has this habit of putting a little surprise in his miniatures, that you discover

when you start washing the figures.  Once you start doing his stuff you get addicted real

fast.

I made the figure a bit darker since I was loosing her face in the photographs.

Photography is such a pain when they are this small !

So anyway, here is Guinevere the Queen.

post-12655-0-09019800-1412739708_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-05735300-1412739738_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-35776800-1412739762_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-83029800-1412739776_thumb.jpg

post-12655-0-38409600-1412739816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 22

very nice I wish he would do more

He Does work for Dark Sword Miniatures.. He did the Frog King and Frog Queen that I painted and posted.

Jay

One of the best parts of this series is that you have a fantastic challenge !

If you want to learn brush and color control, start painting these 25mm miniatures.

Make a slip, and you will see it all over you work.

I adore working on this scale .

Jay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      I spent lunches last week on these two stands of Saxons for the Osprey Game Dux Bellorum, in which each stand is a unit on its own.  All of the figures are home cast, mostly Prince August with a few spearmen from Dutkins Collectables. For the Saxon army, I'm doing it all with home cast figures, partly as an excuse for having the molds, partly as an artistic challenge. Practically speaking, there's probably more individualization and detail work than is actually necessary for a mass tabletop unit, but I like to err on the extra side...

• By joshuaslater
      These savages are on Kickstarter.  My first Kickstarter!  There are all kinds of add ons lurking in here too.  Thanks Reaper for providing this forum! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1648985407/rise-of-the-powrie?ref=creator_nav

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Statuesque Miniatures

Ok. We're all set. The Kickstarter launches on Tuesday! It's not a massively long campaign, so tell everyone! Your friends, your family, even your enemies - maybe they just need tiny metal toys in their lives and will forever more be much better people!

You'll be able to grab the full set of miniatures or choose from smaller sets in any combination. There will also be a very limited number of hand-finished (by me) sets just like the miniatures in the photos. The perfect labour-free gift for yourself or someone you love. Awwww.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/554542735/space-raiders-the-space-goblins?ref=creator_nav&fbclid=IwAR2h-8VsOTVqQQ_gMAqIGt7JgDvMDxwHvFgWQzDCAKXjyUCuYXr2m1TbpFY

Space Riders "The Space Goblins!"

This is the 4th chapter in the Space Raiders range. Bringing miniatures with the classic late 80's and early 90's oldschool look and cast in metal (except for those especified).

This time focusing on the Space Goblins and the Mind Controllers.

They will the perfect reinforcements for your classic armies or maybe you'll start right from here!

You can see more pics of all of them at my Facebook group,

Space Raiders:https://www.facebook.com/groups/775315502580794/

The new Goblins and orc arms are sculpted by the goblin master himself KEVIN ADAMS, while the Mind controller is no other than Bob Olley! Two true oldhammer legends!

• By Kangaroorex
      Okay I might have a problem when it comes to collecting and painting dragons.  They fascinate me.  This dragon has been produced by many companies, I think Dark Sword holds the rights at this point but it was also produced by RAFM and Ral Partha and probably others as well.  She is a small thing but still fun and relatively simple to paint up.  The dragon back has a very fine scale texture making the wide expanse of a back difficult to display (for her brothers and sisters I will probably incorporate some sort of design) properly. Hope you enjoy

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)