Sign in to follow this  
AnneO'Leary

Just a little Rose

After painting my Cave Woman and the Giant Spider, I felt like doing something stripped down and minimal. Also I wanted to explore the use of negative space to create a mood or to evoke a feeling.

I chose to work with Rose, a small 20mm figure from the Hasslefree Juvenile range. I carved the brick she is standing on from Super Sculpey.

rose1.jpg

rose2.jpg

The brick she is standing on is a bombed out street. The flower in the foreground is meant to represent the Poppy used to commemorate Remembrance Day.

Thank you for looking.

"Are you my Mummy?"

This is really really well done.

Edited by izzylobo
  • Like 6

Ooh, I like this figure.  I did a version of her from a while back, but my brushwork is nowhere as clean as yours.

Knowing how tiny the figure actually is makes your paint job all the more impressive.

• Like 1

Fantastic job Anne, love the painting, the basing, and the little flower is a wonderful touch. Truly a wonderful piece.

• Like 2

Wonderful work Anne. Always a treat to see your stuff, and this is just wonderful. The background evokes a sense of smoke, which just adds to the image in a great and wonderful way.

• Like 2

love the image!   When I first saw it I thought of a doctor Who episode where the possessed people go around wearing those old gas masks!

The slightly sad feeling definitely comes out in how you have based this.  ::o::wub:

• Like 1

Anne, mission accomplished. I'm actually a huge Pink Floyd fan, and this seems like something from one of their videos...like one of the school children from "Brick in the wall Part 1". I really love this piece. Well done.

• Like 1

Great job Anne, I too thought if the doctor who episode. The colour a are wonderful and the piece is set incredably well. Always a pleasure to see your masterful work ;)

Magnificent in Achievement, conception, and inspiration !

Well Done Anne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A work of Art !

Congratulations !

• Like 1