So my youngest (who is almost taller than I am) would like to be Joel from Mystery Science Theater 3000 for Halloween.

That's this guy, the one behind the two robot puppets.

We were fortunate enough to find a nice unlined red cotton coverall at a decent price, way better than I could sew myself in the time we've got.

Has anyone got thoughts about the patch on his left breast? I'm thinking yellow duct tape and maybe black-and-white checkered duct tape if I can find it.

Alternatively it could be some sort of printed plastic or paper or cloth. I'd like it removable for laundering, but I'm willing to baste things together if need be.

In one or two shots Joel is wearing a yellow hard hat with a big "G" on the front. I'd like to try something like that, but the toy hats I found won't fit anyone older than a toddler. Youngest is not wedded to the idea, but an adult-fitting yellow prop hard hat would be a nice touch.

We even have a Tom-appropriate gumball machine, although Youngest has wisely reckoned that lugging it around will be impractical.

• Like 4

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic