Chibis: 1535 Bart, 1536 Sandy, 1537 Gus

Wren

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Artists

I'm kind of swamped right now frantically painting to have the rest ready before I leave for ArtistCon (as well as packing and preparing for that!), but if I get a spare moment, I'll try to test a couple of paint mixes.

Ooo. Found a picture of Mist Green! It really is a lot like Meadow.  a20791713b3d6924db5d9_s.jpg

That also looks a lot like P3 Ordic Olive (a bit lighter).  I'd probably start out with either Meadow or Ordic and add in a little bone color (a light yellowish color- something that won't turn it minty).

I wouldn't worry too much about getting that precise hue.  I mean, it's not like we're having to paint the rest of an army that used that color, right?

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 2

Turns out Mist Green is also discontinued... Meadow Green looks somewhat similar, but a little darker.

If I mix Meadow Green and Mint Green (two colors I have) would it be close? 29812_w_1.jpg + 09263_w_1.jpg

I'd go with a bone color (something neutral-ish with some yellow to it).  The color we're looking for is a little less minty and a little warmer.

• Like 1

Ooo. Found a picture of Mist Green! It really is a lot like Meadow.  a20791713b3d6924db5d9_s.jpg

That also looks a lot like P3 Ordic Olive (a bit lighter).  I'd probably start out with either Meadow or Ordic and add in a little bone color (a light yellowish color- something that won't turn it minty).

I wouldn't worry too much about getting that precise hue.  I mean, it's not like we're having to paint the rest of an army that used that color, right?

Right. I'm just looking to replicate that ghostly green effect. I think you're right on with mixing the Meadow Green with a touch of bone. I may even try to add Pearl White for a glistening green ghostly effect.

I'm kind of swamped right now frantically painting to have the rest ready before I leave for ArtistCon (as well as packing and preparing for that!), but if I get a spare moment, I'll try to test a couple of paint mixes.

I appreciate the thought but please don't take time away from your work to mix colors for this. I'll figure out how to get suitable colors for the ghost. t looks like Meadow with a kiss of bone and pearl should work (just tried it).