Sign in to follow this  
EvilJames

Playability/annoyance check for a character concept.

I just want peoples opinions on whether or not this character woulld fun to have in a group or obnoxious. A half orc summoner who views his Eidelon as his late brother returned to him and they have the personalities of tag team wrestlers and fight in a similar manner.

They would both were luchador masks and pehaps sound a bit like Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair or some othe over the top old wrestling personality.

Opinions?

Would it be briefly funny perhaps best for society play or immediatly irritating, or something that would be fun to have in a campaign.?

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 3

In a home game, I might allow it...at least for a fun one/two shot game. As far as Pathfinder Society goes, I'd do it. I enjoy pissing off those smug min-maxers though. So I tend to avoid PFS games.

(Not all PFS players are min-maxing or smug punks, I just seem to always run into the ones that are)

Edited by LizardMage
  • Like 2

We had a guy like this in our last game. It was funny for about 5 minutes. Then it started wasting game time. 

• Like 5

The first part is an interesting concept that could last a whole campaign easily: sorcerer who views his eidolon as his dead brother? Cool!

When those characters become wrestlers it sort of gets weird and becomes a goofy one-shot thing. Also probably best if the eidolon doesn't talk at all, so you don't have to have in-character conversations with yourself.

• Like 3

Just thought I'd check thanks. It's not fun for me if it's not fun for the table. The fact that Eidelons can talk can be problematic at times My current summoner only has it talk after everyone assumes it can't and only a little.

My current summoner also views it as the physical manifestation of his pent up rage. And behaves more aggressivly when it is not out.

I could probably tone him down for society play.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1

If I was sitting in on the game the whole business would rate a massive .... MEH

:mellow::huh: :huh: :mellow:

The wrastling humor bits would be lost on me; Eidolon? I might could be bothered to google what that is...

It's the main class feature of the Summoner class for Pathfinder (not sure if I spelled it right tbh) it's basicly a summoned monster that you get to design and change up as you level.

The class is loads of fun.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's a summoned Outsider that the Summoner has a bond with. They can be evolved (with evolution points) to become very powerful. They share spells with the Summoner. I have a summoner who has an Eidolon that is part Snake (body/head/tail), part Eagle (feathery wings), and part Lion (powerful legs/claws). 

Oh, it is basically Haplo the Patryn from the Death Gate Saga then. Got it.

• Like 2

Uh... Yes? maybe. Sure why not (I honestly have no idea what that is.)

Haplo was kinda cool cause it was always a dog.

Dogs are great.

But look-a-like long lost brother?

Uh... Yes? maybe. Sure why not (I honestly have no idea what that is.)

It is just the literary source for this 'cool, new character' type.

Nothing new to see under the sun here, move along, move along...

//waves cane distractedly at kids playing on lawn; thinks, "Carry On..."//

• Like 1

tried googling it but wikipedia was less than helpful in that regard. Might have to find and read it.

Haplo was kinda cool cause it was always a dog.
Dogs are great.

But look-a-like long lost brother?

The eidelon can look like what ever you want. So if I want it to look like another half-orc, then It does.

Edited by EvilJames