• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My client, who will be running an Egyptian Indegogo in early November (I'll post that in the KS section as it gets nearer) just gave me permission to let you all see what I've been working on recently

Croc is done:         (The light green sand base fits on a standard cavalry base.)   Andy       Edit: I accidentally "Liked" my own post here and it won't let me "Unlike".  I guess I

Still have a few sessions left on him.   Have to give a public thanks to Siri too here.  She got me skull and skeleton pictures to order for the cats, baboon, and croc.

Posted Images

Very, very cool.  And you should name the crocodile Lyle, even if you're the only one who knows it.  ::):

The mammals are all very expressive, which is a great achievement, though the cats look more curious than "stalking" to me.

Stalking was probably a bad term as they are supposed to be palace pets.

• Like 4

Indiegogo is not hard to use, its just a little different. First you need to check which funding arrangement has been selected by the creator. There are two they can choose from. One gives them the funds whether they reach the goal or not and the other is more like Kickstarter and the project either funds or it doesn't. You still have to be careful even with that one though because you pay when you make your pledge. If you need to drop out or change your pledge you have to contact the creator directly.

When looking at an Indiegogo project I won't support it till it has funded and I won't support any project that chooses to take funds whether it funds or not. I also like to make sure that at least the stretch goals that I want have been reached so I can be sure to pay the correct amount of money the first time. Even adding funds can be a little tricky so I wait till I'm sure of everything.

• Like 2

Croc is done:

post-140-0-85433700-1413860310.jpg

post-140-0-38840500-1413860310.jpg

post-140-0-25034400-1413860311.jpg

(The light green sand base fits on a standard cavalry base.)

Andy

Edit: I accidentally "Liked" my own post here and it won't let me "Unlike".  I guess I really do like my croc sculpt.   :rolleyes:

Edited by TaleSpinner
  • Like 17

WOW!  ::o:

Great job Andy, you're skills are improving with every sculpt you do, it's really cool to see your progression. Before you know it, you'll be doing this full time and demanding a lot to be able to get your services. 

• Like 2

WOW!  ::o:

Great job Andy, you're skills are improving with every sculpt you do, it's really cool to see your progression. Before you know it, you'll be doing this full time and demanding a lot to be able to get your services. 

it's soo funny you said that. I was thinking the exact same thing. The Eye Beast project was no small feat and was done amazingly well for a first project and each project is better than the last. Gives me hope that my sculpts won't always be crap.

Congrats Andy!!  The croc is amazing! I showed my wife and she asked right away when we could get one, or two, or nine....   :)

• Like 3

I was afraid of Indiegogo because of the whole "take your money immediately" option but I backed the Dragonbait minis project and was thrilled.  I am also really excited about this one.

The reason Indiegogo "flexible funding" is awesome is because Dragonbait cast the minis during the campaign, because he knew he had people's money, and mailed them out the day the campaign ended.  I got them less than a week later.  Not everyone will do this, but it would be worth watching this project for a similar plan.

• Like 1