Step 8: Upper Lip

1. Form a little lip shaped lump of putty and stick it on above the lower lip.
  2. Using a metal tool, press the top of the putty in and up, adhering the lip to the body and removing excess putty.
  3. Using clay shapers, smooth out fingerprints, shape the lip, and begin blending the new putty up into the old.
  4. Using a well lubricated, metal burnisher (curved spoon like tool), pull the thin area of new putty up over the old putty until it is very thin.  This takes a bit of practice to get it seamless. You want the putty to thin to nothing, but not to rip.
  5. Using a clay shaper, continue blending the edge until you can no longer see it.
  6. Using a scalpel or hobby knife, texture the lip with fine lines.

post-140-0-12429100-1427857562.gif

The only step left is to finish off the model (which I'll do tomorrow, I think).

Andy

• Like 6
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As discussed in the Big-Mouthed, Putty Catcher thread, this thread will be a sculpt-along-with-me tutorial during which I'll walk you through the process of making a BMPC of your own.    Why the BMP

Step 1: Building the Armature   The first and arguably most important step of any sculpt is to build the armature.  Normally, this process would start with reference material and a template to get t

Step 2: Sculpting the Rock Base   Typically, if a critter is standing on the ground, I sculpt it first and add the base after the fact; however, in this case, the base is necessary to be there befor

Posted Images

Step 9: Finishing Touches

1. Pry the mini off of the base.
  2. Cut the extra armature wire.
  3. File off the armature wire stub.
  4. Sand the base to make everything flush.
  5. Cut your trademark into the base.
  6. Admire your work.

post-140-0-13335900-1428063495.gif

This tutorial is officially done. ::D:

• Like 8

Hmm, I wasn't really thinking of them in terms of casting.  There are a lot of considerations a sculptor needs to make before starting a sculpt if it is to be cast. Unfortunately, I don't really have the time today to go into it here today.  Casting considerations is a part of my class at ReaperCon.  Right now I'm swamped getting ready for the Con.  Maybe afterward I can pull together a tutorial here on sculpting for the mold.

• Like 3

Hee, the one that looks puzzled and is randomly waving a stick around made me giggle. Like he grabbed it and now he's not sure what to do with it! :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

you know what'd be cute?

If he had a lolly pop

Now, I have to do that...

• Like 4

Hee, the one that looks puzzled and is randomly waving a stick around made me giggle. Like he grabbed it and now he's not sure what to do with it! :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

you know what'd be cute?

If he had a lolly pop

Now, I have to do that...

one of those big flat ones =D (i'll paint it for you ;D )

he's gotta be cute though =P big eye maybe

• Like 2