Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

02825- Townsfolk (with children)

Very nice. Love the pallette. Also love the mother's expression too.

/agree, I really likes this. I have been really fond of non-combat models as of late and this hit that buzz completely! Your choice of colors are superbly good sir! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

That is a CHARMING little scene. Your skin tones & brushwork in general are OUTSTANDING. DELIGHTFULLY WELL DONE!

With the pallet- I did something similar to this more deliberately a while ago.  Jen Haley painted up a diorama using a limited pallet of only five paint pots.  Hers came out brilliant, so I tried doing the same thing a few times (pick five paint pots, and mix your colors out of those only).

It works really well- it helps you achieve the kind of beauty that good illustrations and paintings can achieve.

nice work, I wish the bones versions had not come out so mangled.  

Its nice to see a good job done with the originals

I've got her in bones as well, and I hadn't noticed a problem with her.  Maybe I should look again.

The one I painted is metal- she's been sitting around primed for many a year and really needed some attention.

nice job.  I like the fluency of your colour choices for the family - they look like they are her children.  I love the hair on the little guy.  For some reason, it reminds me of the Aadams Family.

Really excellent job. I always enjoy seeing your work.

I'm often guilty of  using whatever is on my wet palette to paint whatever I'm working on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Wargames Foundry Mexican Villager Constanza

Kev!
    • By planetmut
      There's a patch of wasteground on Beechwood Avenue where the old primary school used to stand until destroyed by a bomb on the afternoon of April 11, 1941.

Locals have long said that spot is haunted. Pedestrians say there's a cold patch as you walk past it. Kids dare each other to touch the walls, although few actually will. Dogs shy away from the area.

Some people even claim to have seen a small girl wearing a gasmask.

This is all obviously rubbish.

But Rose is still waiting for her mummy.

• By peepster1976
      WiP on this too cute baby dragon from bones 4. One of the reasons for my to back. The kids each pick one, and choose their own coulor. The dragon fly is magnetized, and i'm gonna put more magnetes on some other dragons so the dragon fly can hope from 1 to an other baby dragon.
      ... keep u posted.
      grtzzz Peepster

• By Pochi
      I painted up Yoon. She is so adorable! Since she's a kiddo, I wanted her to seem whimsical so I gave her rosy cheeks and purple and yellow striped pants. Her stuffed owl is SO tiny! I enjoyed painting her.

C&C welcome!

• By Sanael
      The last of my MLK weekend binge.

Mega Miniatures made some great set-dressing minis, including a donkey-drawn two-wheeled cart. I painted the cart and donkey long ago, but the driver and his pile of ph4t l3wtz is a separate piece which I never really needed. With my upcoming Eberron campaign, I plan to encourage the players to take henchmen and hirelings, so this cart-of-ill-gotten-gains is likely to make an appearance.

For some reason, in the last campaign all the hired crew for the party's airship was named "Diego." So it's likely that even if I introduce him as Bill or Billy or Mack or Buddy, the players will start referring to him as Diego, too. I might as well get used to it.

Anyway, I need to take photos of the cart, since I apparently never posted it here, but it's still in a box from the move. So for now, here's just the driver, sitting on his booty.

C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)