• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the pallet- I did something similar to this more deliberately a while ago.  Jen Haley painted up a diorama using a limited pallet of only five paint pots.  Hers came out brilliant, so I tried doing the same thing a few times (pick five paint pots, and mix your colors out of those only).

It works really well- it helps you achieve the kind of beauty that good illustrations and paintings can achieve.

nice work, I wish the bones versions had not come out so mangled.  

Its nice to see a good job done with the originals

I've got her in bones as well, and I hadn't noticed a problem with her.  Maybe I should look again.

The one I painted is metal- she's been sitting around primed for many a year and really needed some attention.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      From the Kid Heroes set:  

• By Rigel
      Agriculture is the foundation of settled civilization, and as such a setting needs farmers, gardeners, people who know how to whack at the ground with sticks until food comes out. 

Here are some peasants--a Village Rioter (77140), making hay after the sun has finished shining, and his colleague, one of the Townsfolk I (77665) with hoe. It's heavy work, harvesting the bigger gourds, and they prefer the cool of the day for it. 

When the cart is fully laden, it can be harnessed to a hungry sow. The Pig and Cart sculpt is amazing and I love it. Look at those beady eyes! The jowls and wattles! Added a couple of extra prize vegetables from the craft store to top off the load, and removed the pig from its mud base, as it is quite capable of standing on its own and the cart wheels have no such base. 

• By Inarah
      Once I saw this little guy I knew I was going to have to do something special for the base. Fortunately I had a few old Microarts woodland bases with logs on them that would make good flight stands. 

I imagine a young gold dragon flitting from stump to stump with joyful abandon, oblivious to the hunting party that stalks it. 

• By lazarp
      Painted this charming young fella to be used as an adventurer in different games :)

• By TGP
      Mystery Peasant with Spiked Cudgel

Started with leftover paint from the wizard. The base has been basecoated with the Mystery Sample Brown (which I am naming Hershey Kiss Dark Chocolate unofficially) that turned up in a box from those nice people in the Internet fulfillment department @Reaper.  Colors I am thinking about using are splashed on the cardstock that is stuck to the paint stick. 

When I figure out which mini this guy actually is the title will get updated. 

He is really tall. For a 28mm mini..  ..he is 34mm tall. (Bootheel to top of Hood.)

#Searchwords
      TGPTGP;  Peasant; tabletop; Metal;  cudgel; club; dagger
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 1 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)