Bones II Update 10-17 Discussion

We all want it to go smoothly for Reaper and Bryan as well.  I hate work items getting in the way of real life stuff that you have planned on doing.  Case in point for me, as of last night I was going to actually drive down to Reaper Artist Con.  But unfortunately today I had a LARGE project dumped on me that I was expecting to get months ago and be well over with by now.  So of course this means no time to drive down as I'll be busy working on it to catch up for the previous time loss.  While this certainly isn't the level of a family vacation as Bryan had to change, a bummer anyhow given I thought I finally was going to be able to attend.

• Like 2
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I ask everyone to understand just how bothered we all are here at how this is not going as smoothly as we had anticipated. We share equally in your frustration at each and every second of delay.

Last year I had to postpone a family vacation by 2 months for fulfillment. This year our trip to the East Coast to visit my wife's family for Thanksgiving is in jeopardy. I have both personal and professional reasons to want a smooth experience, which appears not to be happening.

"What's past is prologue."

"What we could have done differently" is useful for next time, but that's only what you write into the notes right now.

"God grant me the serenity 

to accept the things I cannot change; 

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference."

So take a deep breath and enjoy the autumn. I hope yours is as nice as ours.

• Like 9

Bryan: Thanks for posting the pic of the green cube, even if it did turn out to be a headache for you. Actually, thank you even more in that case.
I totally understand that *anything* that delays production is a Bad Thingâ„¢ and I certainly hope your Thanksgiving plans work out.

The Gelatinous Cube & Slimes were shot in the ghosty green that the Haunts are done in instead of clear. The slimes looked grey, the Cube ... looked like Jello.

Clear was apparently difficult to explain.

The conspiracy theorist in me finds this… interesting since those are the colours that appear on the kickstarter page. Makes me wonder if instead of just calling up and asking, someone in China just looked at the page, used those colours only clear.

• Like 4

If it helps, remember that people are "probably" only offering to help because they care about the end results.

This is true. I frequently reminded people in the comments that the negative voices that popped up every now and then were merely frustrated because they were so excited, and they sometimes thought the reality of what was revealed as a goal was less exciting than they had built it up to be, in their enthusiasm.

My comments were never intended to be a direct indictment of anybody, just that sometimes by "oversharing" I actually make my own job so much harder.

Agreed. And excitement over the green cube is because we love the product that much, even with only a color change it is a "new" mini we've never seen before, and that is so cool.

Agree with all the other stuff people have said, am happy to wait if it means fixing mistakes and getting it right. At this point I'm only 1ish month behind when we thought wave 1 would ship, and it looks like it's creeping to 2, but in the scheme of things that is nothing. I still have plenty of vampire box minis unpainted, and plenty extra I keep buying. We're all just impatient because we love Bones so much!

• Like 3

While rejecting them was clearly and obviously the thing to do, the green cube does look surprisingly nice.  I may paint one or two in the future to resemble this, and to give some variety in my player-consuming monster selection. 

Green slime?  Gelatinous cube?

Why not both?  By their powers combined!

Player:  "Seriously, who gave him back his dice?"

• Like 7

While rejecting them was clearly and obviously the thing to do,

I see what you did there.

:ph34r:

Hey, on the bright side at least it didn't come out the wrong size.  You could have had Giant Gelatinous Green Cubes. 

I hadn't even thought of that. Now I'll be afraid to sleep unit the container arrives and I can verify with my own two eyes.

Hey, on the bright side at least it didn't come out the wrong size. You could have had Giant Gelatinous Green Cubes.

Kaladraxian Cubes, one might say.
  • Like 4

Hey, on the bright side at least it didn't come out the wrong size.  You could have had Giant Gelatinous Green Cubes. 

I hadn't even thought of that. Now I'll be afraid to sleep unit the container arrives and I can verify with my own two eyes.

Buglips.  The master of keeping someone awake at night in terror.   :blink:

• Like 5

Oh, don't worry. Even if they're giant, they'll all fit in the container. There's *always* room for Gelatinous Cubes.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 5

We all have a duty to perform, a place in the ecosystem.  Mine just happens to be conjuring soul-chilling terrors. 

And here I thought the threat of you being in the ventilation system at Reaper HQ was scary enough.