Bones II Update 10-17 Discussion

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat tempted to look back through buglips' post history to check up on what exactly counts as "not all in".

Then again, I've become a bit attached to the shred of sanity I still have.

Bones 2 was inconveniently timed for me. 

As a result, I only went in for Khanjira, Dragons Don't Share II, some bases, and I think trollslayer Sophie.  Possibly one or two additional small items.  But not the core set, or other add-ons.

• Like 2

But he can't die, you have to leave the table open for the third movie (ks).

Blightfang....I must paint it, I'm glad the mister chose cinder as his dragon. I might have been a bit jealous.

Why would dying keep him out of the third movie? There's resurrection, reanimation, Weekend at Bernie's, ....  ^_^

Judging from the number of Draco Humanus Barbequum in those pictures, it's "Weekend at Siri's".

=D

• Like 5

The death of Sir Forscale?!

O ye of little faith. Though our good knight has been fortunate, he is not immortal. His quest will lead him to the depths of Hell where a horde of foul abyssal denizens await him, with claw and horn and nasty flame.

He will not survive... nor will be be destroyed.

For our brave Sir Forscale will pull a Gandalf and be reborn as Sir Forsizereference!

And then, he will finally be rewarded with a nice savory meal and hearty mead as he retells his tale to his friends and any who ask.

• Like 7

So realistically where does that leave us with shipping?  I know you don't have an ETA on all your items, but what percentage of items are contained on the inbound ships?  40%? 90%?  Are we waiting for 15 more containers or 1?

I had ordered some minis that I had planned on giving as Christmas gifts (and some that I promised for birthdays that happened...yesterday...I had to give my friend a printed picture and say "See this is what I bought you but it hasn't got here on time.  No I don't know when your birthday gift will arrive, sorry.")  Do I get to give my gifts on time?

More info is required.  The information you've given us says (in my estimation) that in the best case scenario you cannot even start shipping until around late November (10 days shipping + customs clear, for minimum two separate shipments I'm assuming is about 30 days).  What's the worst-case scenario?  My gut says this is Bones 1 all over again, and we're looking at May?

I feel like my expectations have not been properly managed.  The Aug 22 update says "We are currently optimistic for a late October, early November Wave One ship" and "It is conceivable that shiping could be delayed into late November, although we do not yet have information on how likely that is".  Is late November now very likely?  Is late October out of the question entirely?  Is November even on the timetable?  Updates since Aug 22 haven't shed much light, and 2 months is a long time to go without some proper updates.

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2

Well even if the shipment currently making it's way across the Pacific was the entire Bones II order, it wouldn't be in America until the end of October and would still need to get through customs and be trucked to Texas so I would be super surprised if shipments started this month.  

Reaper has already said they don't know when the remainder of the Bones will make it.  I'm sure they wish they did and could tell us.

In the past I've heard a lot of talk about how video game Kickstarters are really educating consumers about how expensive and how difficult it is to make games.   I think we are all learning a bit about how much work goes into overseas production too.

• Like 5