Bones II Update 10-17 Discussion

This will sound silly, but I'm kind of having trouble understanding the scale of the boxes. Too bad Sir Forscale wasn't conveniently standing next to one of them.

There;s not a good scale object in the picture. The core box is 11" tall by 10" wide, by 2.25" deep, if that helps.

Thank you, that does help!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily trucked. There's ports on the Gulf Coast, too.

I don't know if that's where Reaper's stuff comes in at, but they do exist.

I want to say they've said they come in to the port in LA, but my memory's fuzzy on the best of days and mangy at the worst. Might then be rail to Dallas, then trucked in.

Not necessarily trucked. There's ports on the Gulf Coast, too.

I don't know if that's where Reaper's stuff comes in at, but they do exist.

I want to say they've said they come in to the port in LA, but my memory's fuzzy on the best of days and mangy at the worst. Might then be rail to Dallas, then trucked in.

Reading this, for about five minutes I wondered why china couldn't just take it directly to Texas, then I remembered the continents....... I should sleep.

• Like 7

I was thinkin' the Houston Ship Channel; Houston's a major port, for all that it's not on the coast. But I have no idea where Reaper's shipments make landfall.

Eager, certainly. But hardly holdin' my breath.

Reaper's shipments come to LA. To go from China to Houston would require a journey through the PC that may or may not be more cost effective than simply having them trucked from LA to Denton. (I'd assume, since they're being trucked, that it's not as cost effective to bring them into Houston and up to Denton).

• Like 1

Someday Reaper will be chartering ships instead of containers then it will be worth sailing them as close as possible.

We just have to pledge harder.

And yeah, apparently about half of container ships can't fit through the Panama Canal so they are making some improvements.  But now even bigger ships are being made.

• Like 6

Maybe the next KS should be to fund a Bones cargo ship. Not just a ship to carry Bones, but one made of Bones!

I ordered a lot. I still feel like I need more. MOAR MINIS!

I don't have a problem, though. I can stop at any time. Really, I can. I just choose not to.

/goes to place another order

• Like 4

So realistically where does that leave us with shipping? I know you don't have an ETA on all your items, but what percentage of items are contained on the inbound ships? 40%? 90%? Are we waiting for 15 more containers or 1?

I had ordered some minis that I had planned on giving as Christmas gifts (and some that I promised for birthdays that happened...yesterday...I had to give my friend a printed picture and say "See this is what I bought you but it hasn't got here on time. No I don't know when your birthday gift will arrive, sorry.") Do I get to give my gifts on time?

More info is required. The information you've given us says (in my estimation) that in the best case scenario you cannot even start shipping until around late November (10 days shipping + customs clear, for minimum two separate shipments I'm assuming is about 30 days). What's the worst-case scenario? My gut says this is Bones 1 all over again, and we're looking at May?

I feel like my expectations have not been properly managed. The Aug 22 update says "We are currently optimistic for a late October, early November Wave One ship" and "It is conceivable that shiping could be delayed into late November, although we do not yet have information on how likely that is". Is late November now very likely? Is late October out of the question entirely? Is November even on the timetable? Updates since Aug 22 haven't shed much light, and 2 months is a long time to go without some proper updates.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'm more pleased with communication this time around, but I have to admit that this all seems a bit familiar. Seems like we'll be lucky to have shipping start in late November, and I'm half expecting to hear about international shipping to be held up further. Still, I'm happy to get my Bones whenever I get them. If it's before Christmas I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I ordered a lot. I still feel like I need more. MOAR MINIS!

I don't have a problem, though. I can stop at any time. Really, I can. I just choose not to.

/goes to place another order

Me too. I can quit buying Reaper minis anytime. Anytime... Obviously not during a Bones kickstarter of course.

And not during the October Halloween promotion.

Or Decembers 12 Days of Reaper.

Or any month Reaper has new mini releases.

Or anytime I have some extra funds that I can put towards my Reaper want list.

But other than that. Yep. I can quite anytime. :unsure:

• Like 5

I have two or three of the dragons...

Oh, I'm sorry. I meant to say that I have two of three of the dragons - Narthrax, Cinder and Nathvarr, to be precise. Two of the silver dragon, too, I think... and at least one of all the rest. With the exception of Verocitherax - he's my sister's.

• Like 4