Back to the little guys again.

I love the challenge of doing this one inch miniatures.

I must have a masochistic streak somewhere,but I learn so

much from them, I suspect that is why I like them so much.

So here is Sir Galahad sans Helm !

As primed, Lined, and faced !

I got a jump start on him while finishing the Wood Elf Archer !

• Like 14

That's a very well sculpted mini for being so small. Where'd you get him? Reminds me of Prince Valiant :) I also like your mini holder. More office supplies I can liberate and repurpose!

• Like 1

That's a very well sculpted mini for being so small. Where'd you get him? Reminds me of Prince Valiant :) I also like your mini holder. More office supplies I can liberate and repurpose!

LOL  on the Office Supplies and repurpose.  Just remember to take off the clips after you prime them.

This is a Thunderbolt Mountain Miniature.

Tom Meier does incredible work, and he "hides" elements when you aren't expecting them to be there.

On this sculpt there is a left hand at the bottom of the shield, totally unseeable.

Yes; it belongs there, but since it isn't seen you wouldn't expect it to be in there.

• Like 1

Did a bit of painting on Sir Galahad.

Funny when you paint individual components leaving the black shadows in the miniature.

I was looking at the contrasts as I painted this.

I'm using a Gun Metal Gray here.

I am leaving black in the recesses of the Armor.

I am planning on a white Robe, with Red Crosses.

Shield will also be white with a red cross.

Probably Brown Hair.

I can't believe I have chosen white on the cloth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, Alea Jacta Est ..(Latin:  The Die is cast).

Here is Sir Galahad.

• Like 9

I love Tom Meier's minis from Thunderbolt Mountain. They are tiny, but so beautifully sculpted.

Galahad here has the stern no-nonsense look he should. Your start looks great.

• Like 1

I have to teach the guy that is wielding the brush around here to wait

till AFTER the second cup of coffee to begin painting, tired of cold second cup !

I'm putting on the base coats of color, in this case dull/dark white, and a base hair brown.

When I took the photos I was amazed as I cropped them to see the effect of the white paint

on the face that was painted earlier.  It messed with the chin and the cheek bones.

I'll have to go back and balance that once I am further along in the white highlighting !

Also the Red on shield is bleeding into the white (maybe I had that too wet when I applied it)

Anyway, learning is a good thing..just painful on a small miniature !

Here are some photos:

• Like 8

Weather has decided to turn into a storm, so had time to do some painting.

I forgot how labor intensive white is.  It sets everything out of balance!  sheesh !

I've been filling in voids in the whites, and adjusting that face, and managed to get the hair in (though when I photo

I have to move the lights, it is reflecting as a white, not light brown highlights; which it is.

So I'm playing "touch ups" at the moment.

Here is S. Galahad.

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 9

white is hard but your are working through and still coming out reasonably clean... way much better than what I do with white so keep on it.  :;):

Edited by robinh
  • Like 1

Slinging the white paint this morning, the gray toned white just wouldn't behave today.

Finally watered it down and got some good coverage into the folds.

Then things started to improve.

Think I have a good base coat on there.

Seems like Galahad decided he was a blond!

Here are two photos of progress.

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing your progress. It's always interesting to see how people deal with different challenges.

• Like 1