dsmiles

"So, you wanna be a superhero? Well, let me tell you something, kid, superheroes are a dying breed here. The Mastermind sees to that. Someone has to stop him, and even our best and brightest have died trying. What, you think you can succeed where the rest have failed? You've got guts, kid, I'll give you that. I'd hate to see 'em splattered all over the street."

That was a week ago, and he's dead now. He was the last. There is no one else, it is all up to you now. You're all this city has left, and you're nothing more than a half-trained bunch of rookies. You don't even know how to work, let alone work together. But the city needs you. Will you be the answer to its prayers?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You wake up in the sleeping quarters, struggling to remember what happened. Heroes, Inc., the van, the leather-masked goons, the cold-using Super, it's all kind of a blur. At least you're still alive.

Where did they come from?

Who are they?

They're definitely not local, that's a certainty. The locals would have known. The robot, TYPE ZERO, seemed to recognize them. MADmen, it called them. It said they attacked Wilkinson and itself on their way into town.

What do they want?

Who's really controlling them?

Gangs in Silver City don't attack with that much control or precision. They're wild, almost animalistic, and usually only attack each other. Even that's rare these days. The territories have been clearly defined for years. There's something bigger going on; you can all feel it.

But what?

...bzzzzzt...

The monitor snaps on, it's Ms. Roosevelt. " 'Morning, troops. We've recovered the van, but it's been stripped of anything useful...all the way down to the hood ornament. Whoever's behind this wanted it to look like a regular carjacking. I'll be tied up for a few hours, but I'll be out there as soon as I get some free time. Until then, do a little brainstorming. There's something going on, here, and someone wants you out of the picture."

...bzzzzzt...

• Like 4

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"elf..." Lee sits up, leaning heavily against the wall. Arms flung over his knees, he leans his head back, eyes closed. "We got our asses handed to us, huh? What an embarrassment..." He huffs out a little breath, then rolls his head to the side to look at the rest of the group. "You lot catch the number of the bus that guy hit me with? Because seriously, who does that?" A short chuckle, a little pained, escapes his lips. "What a joke. But seriously, who were those guys? You know them, right, Zero?"

• Like 1

I have encountered the organization known as the MADmen once, entity Lee Waits.  With the help of entity/friend/Sargent Wilkinson, I was able to prevail over them.  They have limited regard for law.  Besides that I have no useful knowledge regarding them.

Type Zero proceeds to the remains of the van and searches for clues.  

• Like 1

The van yields little in the way of secrets: There is a scrap of leather caught in the remaining door, and a bit of charred flesh stuck to the grille. The tires and rims are gone, along with the back doors, the sliding door, and the driver's side door. All of the mirrors are missing, as is the hood ornament. Oddly, the only part missing from under the hood is the coolant reservoir.

• Like 1

Stretching, Miranda mumbles to herself, waking up nauseous with a splitting headache is gettin pretty damn old, super my a$$. Rolling out of bed, she stubbles over the Zero. What a mess. Find anything interesting? These MADmen, strange their so organized. Any of you recognize Frosty? If we could get some working knowledge of that SOB, I'd like to regain some freaking dignity.

Ethan put his hands to his head and attempted to gather his thoughts, but try as he might he felt something eluded him, some detail that was important.  After a minute he shook his head and stood, hoping it would come to him later. 

"MADmen huh.  It sound like we need to get to know them... and then get some payback,"  He made a fist with his right hand and punched the palm of his left for emphasis before moving towards the van.

"Ugh... I know what you mean." Getting his first good look at the car, Lee whistles appreciatively. "Damn, man. We totaled this thing." Flipping around, he bounces easily on the heel of one foot, landing lightly on top of the rubble. Perching there, he gazes down at Zero as the robot examines the wreckage. "Yo, Spot. You find anything?" he calls down, carelessly buffing a streak of ash off the metal beneath him with the side of his thumb.

"Entity Lee Waits, I remind you again that my designation is Type Zero.  If you insist on using a shorter 'nickname' designation, I recommend designation 'Zero' or designation 'TZ' as entity/friend/Sargent Wilkinson refers to me," replies Type Zero as he begins to point out his findings to the group.  

There is a scrap of leather attached to the door that has a high probability of belonging to the MADmen.  The state of the piece of flesh on the front grill of the vehicle also indicates a high probability that the MADmen did not escape without damage.  However the flesh bearing entities of Heroes Inc may wish to compare their wounds to the evidence to ensure that it does not belong to us.  

A unique aspect of this vandalism is the engine coolant reservoir is also missing.  Removing a piece from the engine would take increased time and incur a parallel increase in risk.  Therefore it is a reasonable expectation that this piece was the essential part of the theft.

Edited by Unit04

Mace comes shuffling out of the kitchen in nothing but a pair of flannel sleep pants. The bruises from yesterday's fight show nearly every shade of purple. He gargles a mouthful of saltwater. As he spits it back in the cup it has the distinct red tint of blood.

Did they actually remove the tank or is there just not a whole lot left? The way "Frosty" was icing things up, he could have ruptured it. If he did, either he's got some REALLY potent freeze powers or we need to have a talk with our mechanic about watering down our trucks.

Zero did you sweep the vehicle for bugs and trackers? I'd rather not have whoever it was interrupting my afternoon nap.

Get off the truck Lee, it's evidence.

Mace shuffles back towards the kitchen to look for food that doesn't require chewing.

The only thing that even registers on TYPE ZERO's sensor array is the battery, at 12 Volts DC.

[This fits better here, I jumped the gun a little.]

[intuition FEAT - Yellow roll]

Ethan has a flashback to the fight...cold-using Super...green ice...automobile coolant is usually green...

• Like 1