Both Mace and Cambion would know that the freezing point of most coolants is well below zero degrees Celsius, and that the green ice, if it is indeed somehow coolant, would melt very quickly, and leave nothing but a stain on the pavement.

[Talent: Pilot]

"Oh hush, you." Lee grins at Zero before turning to Aegis. "Could that be dangerous?" he asks, running his fingers over the back of his arm thoughtfully. "I mean, I don't know anything about antifreeze, but that elf was a pretty noxious green - it's not, like, poisonous or radioactive or something, right? 'Cause I probably I got some of it on me..."

Cambion comes comes out of his sleeping quarters, and observes the interaction between these fellow sophants that took him in after crash landing in this dimension.

As he examines the wreck of the van, his head cants over to an almost 90 degree angle, emphasizing again that while his form is humanoid, his joint structure is different enough to be disconcerting.

"Freeze being.  May use...amplify cold.  May not generate cold?  Modify ambient temperature?"  His broken English is spoken in a sibilant hiss, punctuated by flickers of his forked tongue past is pointed teeth.

"I wouldn't worry Lee.  As long as you didn't drink it you should be fine."  Aegis paused for a moment as he pondered Cambion's words.  "If he was controlling the ambient temperature would there be some way to determine it?  I mean, I don't think I have frostbite or anything."

"I dunno... Hey, Spot, you're a robot - you've gotta have a thermometer in there somewhere, right, to tell you if you're getting too hot and should turn your fan on, stuff like that? Any chance you record that stuff longer-term? Like, for diagnostics or something?" Lee grins at the bot. "But if he's cooling down the ambient temperature, you guys should've noticed, right? I mean, stuff was pretty toasty over where I was - especially after that dumpster blew up, let's not fight near McDonald's next time, I had grease everywhere, that was gross - but I didn't really pay attention to Ötzi, I was too busy with that jerk with the minigun. Was he freezing stuff around you guys?" He glances over at Mace and Cambion."Because if you guys weren't melting it, we must be talking some serious cold..."

Entity Lee Waits, I remind you again that my designation is Type Zero.  If you insist on using a shorter 'nickname' designation, I recommend designation 'Zero' or designation 'TZ' as entity/friend/Sargent Wilkinson refers to me.

My temperature gauges are specifically designed to measure internal operating temperatures and are not calibrated to the accuracy necessary for this purpose.  As a temperature gauge, human flesh is superior to anything I posses.  

Perhaps we can find some more indicators at the scene of this attack.

Edited by Unit04

Lee, quit antagonizing the robot.

To be honest, It's all still a bit fuzzy, I remember getting hit fast and hard. I think I got a couple volleys off in desperation before blacking out. Miranda wraps her arms around herself, rubbing her arms with a shiver.  Where were we headed anyway?

Turning to The robot, You may be correct Zero, I don't think we're going to find much else here,  Besides I could use a bit of sun

Miranda looks around the room, I guess we should start with finding something to gather evidence with. Unless we're planning on standing there communing with the universe for answers, she quips with a slight smile.

Zero, perhaps SGT Wilkinson could be of assistance?

Mace comes walking back out of the bunk area. His step is surprisingly upbeat for as many bruises he was sporting earlier. He is now wearing airline mechanic style coveralls half zipped up with a graphic tee underneath.

Not all of us are walking around with giant fire elementals in us. Mace quips at Lee. He rolls up his sleeves and does a cursory inspection on the removed parts, looking for tool marks that might tell how they were removed. After giving the vehicle a once over he settles on engine compartment for a more thorough inspection. Mrs. Bean counter should shortly. Wouldn't want to miss the budget meeting. Besides we wouldn't all fit in my Jeep. Mace pulls an infrared thermometer (used for measuring radiator and other component temperatures) of a tool box and tosses it at Lee. Here, next time you can shoot Frosty with this. Then you'll know how cool he is. Probably make you more useful too.

Edited by Ludo
  • Like 1

Mace finds that the mirror on the remaining door, and the coolant reservoir, were carefully removed with precision tools. The doors themselves appear to have been removed with a reciprocating saw of some sort (cut right through the hinges). The wheels were removed with an appropriately-sized wrench, likely the now-missing lug wrench.

As far as alternate forms of transportation go, there is a company sedan parked way in the back of the warehouse, but it's a 1987 Dodge Aries K, and covered in dust. The keys are in it, and nobody even knows if it runs.

"What, really? Cool!" Lee seems... a little too excited about the laser thermometer, honestly. He immediately begins flicking it across the various surfaces in the room, starting with his fellow heroes before proceeding to measure the wall, the floor, the car, himself, and anything else within a few feet. After a few minutes he gets bored of toying with it, however, and sticks it in his belt. "Huh, we do need a car, I guess... Let's get something a bit heavier this time, though? I don't know, you think Will could hook us up with a tank? Or, like, are NOOSE trucks an actual thing? One of those'd be awesome..."

"I will make a few inquiries before we depart," says Type Zero, as he sits down at a computer and slowly pecks away an email to his contacts.   

Type Zero would like to use his contacts.  He will call Lt. O'Leary in the Police Department and ask him if there are any reports of other cars missing their coolant reservoirs, and where they were found. He will also call Sgt. Wilkinson and see if he knows anything military that would freeze anti-freeze, and if it has gone missing recently.  And also ask him if we can borrow a Humvee.  I'm not sure that Dodge can comfortably fit the whole group, and Type Zero is sick of being trunk boy.  

Lt. O'Leary will call in a few favors, since he doesn't work robbery, and can have you some info in about a half-hour.

SGT Wilkinson can get you a soft-skinned HMMWV, but not an up-armored version like the one that was just totaled. It will be delivered at about the same time that you get the info from Lt. O'Leary. There hasn't been any reported stolen tech, and what you're asking about doesn't seem possible given the existing military budget. He'll look into some private sector stuff, but makes no promises.

[i need a few minutes to cook up some info on locations for the cars missing coolant reservoirs, I had numbers but not where they were found.]

• Like 1

The first reported instance was found on Interstate 90 on the east side of town, just outside the limits.

The next three were found in the County Office Building's parking garage, and all the rest have been found scattered across town. The results do not suggest any particular pattern, even to Zero's sophisticated software.

There have been fifteen in total over the past six months.

SGT Wilkinson arrives with a soft-skinned HMMWV. It's OD Green, and has ratty seats, and a crack in the hood.

He says that Stark was doing some related research about thirty years ago, but that's all he could find. Nothing stolen or missing.