Sign in to follow this  
Cranky Dog

Shipping time to Canada?

Looks like my recent order to the Wet Coast took eight days.

Not bad considering the USPS apparently routed it via Chicago and New York while enroute from Texas to British Columbia. Although the USPS tracking page claims it arrived in both NYC and Chicago simultaneously which is a really neat trick...

I count on about two weeks to Central Alberta, but I've had it take over three on a few occasions. I think getting it sent to your friend at work would be the best. Especially with winter coming if you order any paints, or even if they give you a sample bottle. It takes a fair bit of chill to freeze the paints, but if they do, they are shot.

I *should* be happy.

I ordered on late Friday afternoon (or early evening), October 24th, as soon as Chibi Sophie was released with the hope of a Ghoulie bag.

The shipping tracker tells me it just got delivered to my home (Monday Nov 3rd).

I won't be home until Thursday 1am...

[AMBIVALENT RAGE OF JOY!!!]

I was hopping for a more inefficient system. Alas, I live in a big distribution centre (Montreal).

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

Looks like my recent order to the Wet Coast took eight days.

Not bad considering the USPS apparently routed it via Chicago and New York while enroute from Texas to British Columbia. Although the USPS tracking page claims it arrived in both NYC and Chicago simultaneously which is a really neat trick...

Weird. My last order did exactly the same thing, NYC and Chicago simultaneously.

I chalked it up to being a case of Schrödinger's tracking number: the package is simultaneously in both NYC and Chicago until a postal worker observes it in one place or the other.

• Like 2

7-10 Business Days is approximate shipping time for me in YYC for all orders that aren't Kickstarters.

It usually takes a day or two to clear the border.

Bones 1 Kickstarter seemed to take forever (due to relativistic time dilations?).  Actual time was about 15 business days, but perceived time was about six billion years.

Bones 2 looks like it's shaping up to be similarly time dilated.  A combination of the minis being loaded onto the slowest barges that China has on offer, and the fact that I need/want them desperately.  I'm buying new christmas gifts now since I won't have my Bones mouslings painted in time for the holidays. :(

Let us know how your order went!  It's Thursday!

• Like 2

Let us know how your order went!  It's Thursday!

Got back home Thursday around 1:30am with a small pile of mail and one Reaper box resting on my doorstep :bday:. Good thing that doorstep is indoors.

And inside that Reaper box was my order: a LTPB kit + 1 Halloween Chibi Sophie + 1 Ghoulie Bag! (which I proclaim as the *last* Ghoulie bag). No sampler paint, but were not supposed to expect them anyway.

Ghoulie bag itself had treats, the four paint bottles and the Jack O'Lanterns + Pumpkins kit treat!

02992_G.jpg

And here I am with a new bottle of Pumpkin Orange... What to do, what to do?

P.S. I just realized I live within walking distance of a Canada Post distribution building, with delivery trucks zipping in and out of it constantly.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 2

2 weeks average to east coast newfoundland metro area, sometimes 3 if customs decides to inspect it.

That's about the same for me too - I live 2 hours from the Detroit-Windsor border.