• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

minibart;

It has been and still is a great pleasure to watch your progressive work on this library diorama project. You are doing really outstanding detailed work on it and it has the makings of becoming a truly magnificent and opulent diorama...rich with the feel of aristocratic and noble elegance!

Your furniture making techniques are masterful and well shown in your posted photos...the pieces are extremely well done and look great.

You did an excellent job on your spiral staircase railing...and I know what you mean about the difficulty; I have done a couple in the past...really a pain in the rear!

The overview photo (placement of everything) looks great...can you show a closeup view of the table and chair sitting on the rug and explain/show how you built these items!

Looking forward to your continued detail work on this splendid looking piece of work.

Paul (Catdancer) 

• Like 3

I think something like this, I like the colors and style.

attachicon.gifglobe-history-786x1024.jpg

minibart;

That looks great!!! I was just curious and wondered if you were going to use the old world style (where everything was tan and showing the old world as it was known to exist back then)...I am sure that you know what I am talking about from old world maps!

• Like 1

Minibart,

is the map on the globe gonna be Earth, Oerth, Earthe, Aerth, Krynn, Toril, Hyrkul, Mystara?? I don't know them all...but it might be any of a  number of spheres in a wizard's library.

Toril: http://www.spelljammer.org/worlds/Realmspace/pics/Toril-Ani.gif

Magic Item Idea:

Suppose near the big globe there is a cabinet that holds small orbs (you could use BBs). One orb = one world. If one of the orbs is pulled out of the cabinet and placed on a stand, the big globe displays the lands of that world. Each orb contains soil from all the major continents of the world it represents.

• Like 6

Magic Item Idea:

Suppose near the big globe there is a cabinet that holds small orbs (you could use BBs). One orb = one world. If one of the orbs is pulled out of the cabinet and placed on a stand, the big globe displays the lands of that world. Each orb contains soil from all the major continents of the world it represents.

That is really good idea, I think I have an idea how to make that. Thanks TGP

• Like 2