Werkrobotwerk

Nativity sheep 01438 modified

Adorable. Would love to hear your backstory and how you came upon a sheep familiar.

Well the back story is kind of short. My monthly saturday D&D game has been playing through some old Arcanus modules, and well they've turned out to be far more lethal than we anticipated. A few sessions ago my elf rogue was insta-killed by a sorcerer who we kind of startled while he was in the middle of discussing his secret betrayal plans with someone in a magic mirror. So he wheeled around and blasted the door my elf was behind. He used multiple charges of a circlet of a ram, which smashed down the door, and kept going right through my elf.

I was already set on making a druid as my replacement character, and looking through the Arcanus book I found that Druids in service to Salwe can have a ram as a familiar. So I decided that clearly that was a sign and went with the ram familiar. 

As for his hat, we were going into a city and people were joking about my ram being mistaken for food there. So we gave Sam the ram a little laurel. His laurel has since been embellished with scraps and decorations from vanquished enemies. at some point I assume he'll be wandering around in a little cape and a giant hat if we manage to not get TPKed by the sorcerer king this week. 

• Like 2

So, what can he do beside bleet and eat table scraps? That concept cracks me up! That is awesome!

I love that you painted his face in such a realistic fashion, and thelittle Madeline-hat is the kicker.

For some reason the thread title is reminding me of "Evelyn, A Modified Dog."

Edited by Pingo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      Since I got a bunch of Bones Ghasts from Bones 2... or was it 3?  Bones 4? Whatever. But I wanted to do something to make them all a little different. So a few simple cuts, and a couple of drops of glue... and I've got some variety in my Ghasts.

Now to paint them!

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all!

Over the course of Bones 5, there were a few models that I was hoping for. I would say that Reaper totally exceeded my expectations and covered about 90% of my personal hopes. One of the things that wasn't in there was an Azer. For those of you who don't know, an Azer is a creature from the plane of fire, and they resemble Dwarves. They are so hot that their heads are covered in flames, and often this heat causes their weapons to be set aflame as well.

Since I had an extra Dark Dwarf Pounder from my November order, I figured that I'd try my hand at a conversion. I have exactly zero experience with sculpting other than filling gaps or making a rock or two, but I have YouTube, so why not? The first thing that I did was get the model and choose a base to put it on. I went with a simple flagstone base from Secret Weapon.

Next, I shaved off and filed down the little "3 Nail" sigil that these dudes wear. I like that Sigil just fine, but its more representative of Duergar than an Azer, so off it comes. I also clipped away the oval base and filed the feet to be flat.

Next, I washed the model and pinned it to a cork. I also washed the base and drilled a hole for the pin, and then stuck that on a cork as well. Once the model was dry, I mixed up some Green Stuff and followed along with a step-by-step for fire that I found online. Basically, you start with a cone and stick it down. I put it on the Dwarf's head, and then used a thin tool to push down the edges of the cone into the head and shoulders. Then, I used tweezers to twist and pull the top of the cone into a sort of whirlwind. Then, dipping the tweezers in water to keep them from sticking, I took sections of the Green Stuff and pulled outward and twisted. Once I had the flames the way I wanted them, I went back in with the tool and made more indentations in the fire. I did the same thing with the flames on the weapon.

I'm waiting for him to dry and cure right now, and then I'll get on to priming him and painting him up this weekend! Stay tuned!
    • By NyarlaBcn
      So, after my initial pledge, I spent much of the past month following KS Reaper Bones V. While watching the marker grow painfully slow in the second week, while anxiously wondering if the last dragon would be unlocked, I was painting some minis in front of my PC. 

Here the first one: Bonehenge Priestess. I tried an unconventional scheme, which I hope worked. 

• By nervisfr
      hey guys,

Started from that big guy (a LOTR figurine) ;

With a Grenadier 28mm for comparison scale 

then after a  surgical action ;

Cheers
      Eric
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)