Sign in to follow this  
Marvin

02373: Balan Ironbreaker

I fiiiinally got around to painting my Balan Ironbreaker after having him on my desk for months. I'm so in love with this sculpt. Don't quite get the tongue; but I so love this sculpt.

I was really happy with his hair. I got some brown mixed in with a wash, and it was layered brown/gray/white pretty nicely (for me), but it didn't want to show like I wanted in the photos, I think. I'll be honest and say I think this is some of my best work so far, though there's a lot on which I'd like to improve.

WP_20141022_025_zpsf41e9282.jpg

WP_20141022_026_zpsaaeda19b.jpg

WP_20141022_036_zpsda04de65.jpg

WP_20141022_035_zps0e1bd919.jpg

WP_20141022_027_zps8ae10ef7.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments and criticism are most welcome.

• Like 21

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Choppertown
      More vintage minis from my childhood.  Been soaking a dozen or so in isopropyl  for about a week to get the 40 yr old enamel paint off them.  With much scrubbing some of them came out pretty clean!  Will post as they come along, here's one of my all-time favorites. I remember when I bought him in a little attic hobby shop in Ithaca, NY. Unfortunately I don't remember the packaging.  Such a stoic little dude...any ideas?

• By Inarah
      Durgam Deepmug, one of several figures I picked at random to paint for table use during the early weeks of covid-19 lockdown.  I tried a little magical/ ice effect on his sword. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Angry Joe, the last of my Survivors from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. He believes the best defence against monsters is to wear a suit made of their skin.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, Gorm armour is my favourite set despite all the little details, now I just need to paint the Gigalion itself.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly recieved.
    • By lazarp
      So this is me trying to paint non-metallic metal for the first time. The mini is one of the dwarves from thehnolog's castlecraft line. Since it is my first, I'm pretty happy with the result. I hope I'll get better at this over time. All comments and suggestions regarding NMM are welcome. Thanks for looking! 

• Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)