dsmiles

Vincente, Onyx Chevalier - Dismounted [14391: Onyx Phalanx, P14440B: Torso, P14440C: Sprue]

Crap. I guess I need to go back and adjust the colors in the photo, then. It's purple.  :wacko:

Reads as purple to me in my iPhone screen.

It reads as an indigo/cobalt blue on my iPad but I think it may be the iPad as it is doing its weird dimming thing. Either way it looks fantastic.

My, that's one big pike you have there :0)

Nice work!

That is, in fact, what SHE said. I call it a pike instead of a spear due to its length. I'm no expert, but everything I've read points to pikes being approximately twice as long as their wielder was tall. I really wanted him to have a Lochaber Axe, but my sculpting skills are barely adequate for gap filling. Reaper really needs a polearm sprue...

Thank you!

• Like 4

Looking fantastic, and its quite purple on my screen.

Really like the feel of what you have done!

Great gold work !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Arc 724
      14391: Overlords Onyx Phalanx

Not sure on the direction I want to go on this one. Right now I am working with 2 different colors: Gunmetal for the main armor and Honed Silver for the highlights, etc. I may end up tinting the metal, but i'll cross that bridge later. Suggestions would - as always -  very much welcome, seriously I would appreciate peer review style comments!

Here is two different lighting for a start comparison.

• By dsmiles
      Well, this makes me 2/3 complete in Warrior, Maiden, Monster. The Monster is just having some curing issues with his water effects.

Vincente, Onyx Chevalier

Plain basing, for now. His broccoli looked like rocks, so he got rocks. As always, C&C welcome! 

Also in the Inspiration Gallery.
    • By dsmiles
      So, here are the three (well, four, really) things currently in front of me (in addition to my Galleon, which has made a little progress, but not enough to take pictures of).

14440: Vincente, Onyx Chevalier Captain

14391: Onyx Phalanx (Converted into a dismounted Vincente)

14213: Lady Devona, Crusaders Mage

14044: Uru, River Troll Chief (painted as a Swamp Troll for proxying in my Trollbloods army)

Feel free to shout comments, color suggestions, encouragement, jeers, sarcasm, jibber-jabber, or unintelligible gibberish as you see fit.
      And thanks for watching!
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 121 Guests (See full list)