Dibbler painting Dibbler

Dibbler

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some base coats down yesterday, most of the figure has paint on him now, trying to decide the color for his hat. Perhaps a light green as a nod to the studio scheme. Nothing exciting to take a photograph of ;)

Painted the wood black. I want some text on it. Any ideas on how to do that? I have mixed results with freehanded writing..

Nice Work Dibbler !

Glad to see you painting again :)

Hilsen !

Thanks! :) I have been painting quite a lot, but it has been terrain and wargaming minis that I haven't posted here :)

You can really start to see C.M.O.T. Dibbler's weary, somewhat desperate expression.

His apron looks rather terrifying.

Yup, he must be down on his luck ATM. We need a new Holy Wood ;)

Thanks! :D For the end result, I hope that it would be obvious that you don't want to eat his food. Unless you are twoflower. But you know..

• Like 1

When painting tiny text I have had better luck painting around the letters than painting the letters -- basically using the fact that you can put paint on top of other paint to clean up the edges of the letters or to dot new openings in lowercase "e"s and "g"s. for example.

Some more base coats, and I got the midtone on the skin, and did the eyes.

post-9309-0-89592200-1416605538.jpg

|

|

|

|

(There may be better pictures, but mine's on a stick!)

When painting tiny text I have had better luck painting around the letters than painting the letters -- basically using the fact that you can put paint on top of other paint to clean up the edges of the letters or to dot new openings in lowercase "e"s and "g"s. for example.

Thanks for the tip! Will be used :)

And it helps that the base is entirely black beneath the text.

• Like 4

That tray of sausages in buns is looking more and more alarming.

Mission accomplishing ;) 

I love how his merchandice is the focal point of the mini. Not such pointless things as the face or armor or anything!

Great base! Looks like a really fun project!

Thanks!

It is certainly fun, but I let it sit for a bit too long.. I thing it would have been more enjoyable if I just soldiered through and kept my momentum :)

Got some more work on the skin and base coated the hat. I wanted to put him on the base, so I got some paint on his boots as well. I didn't know which color to use, and had some dark red out while painting my Skorne, and I think it will work out OK :)

IMGP6492_zps9cf36f7d.jpg?t=1417715975

b2b59444-dfb4-406e-966b-e3c2c197ef6c_zps

• Like 3