• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      My secret Sophie is winging its way to its recipient as I write this and may even arrive before the new year!

I have been practicing a technique shown to me by @Mocha and have produced. Number of these this year so its only fitting that my SS be one of them.

The present is actually a 6 sided die from dice jail for too many 1's so for its trouble it has been incarcerated in greenstuff wrapping paper! 

I modified Rocky a little bit to flatten his wings to more of a waiting position. 

As for the story, Rocky has been asked to wait for his present and he intends to make sure it does not get away!  

I enjoyed making the little bow much more than I should have but it was a lot of fun.  The Rocky series is great.  The eyes are just large enough to get some real detail into without overwhelming the mini and ever part of the mini is accessible to paint!  

I hope his recipient likes him and that he reminds everyone that good things will come with a little bit of patience 

• By Dan S
      It has been a while since my last post, I'm am just struggling to find the free time to sit down and paint or build at the moment.

Anyway, this week I got the opportunity to run some run some 'build along' model making workshops with the kids at the Youth Centre where I work, and we have been putting together little X-mas themed display pieces.  It was actually pretty fun being able to share and introduce a new generation to the joys of my nerdy hobby.  I was pretty pleased with how they turned out so I figured I would share. 

The base is just a piece of log, and the moose is a very cheap plastic toy (I repainted mine), which I managed to find at a local discount store in big buckets of 50 animals for £2, they really cheap and nasty, but actually paint up nicely.  Everything else is just standard modeling stuff, sculptamold, static grasses, clump foliage etc.

On another note I have not forgotten about or abandoned my Apocalyptic Suburbia Journal, it is still sat on my desk gathering dust.  I plan to get back to it in the new year.

• By Punkfrog
      New range of scenery by Hammerlot Games.
      Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hammerlot/dark-stones-the-cult-begins

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      (Yes, the title is a throwback to a contest I ran years ago on here....no I'm not running another one, with today's shipping rates, ugh......)

This is where I'm going to work on 3D printed terrain pieces for Star Wars Legion, most of which currently are going to be spaceships.  Because why use generic terrain when you can be shooting Rebel Scum hiding behind X-wings and the like?

Up first is this:

All the FDM bits are there, but most of the resin bits (guns, ramp, interior) are still in a bin waiting to have their supports removed and cured.
      I figured I should get a thread started as maybe that will get me over that initial hurdle of actually starting.  This has all been printed for a week or two and just sitting there....plus I'm gonna need that airbrush booth for other things sooner or later....

I will, of course, be attempting to make this look somewhat like the original episode 5 version, not some retconned prequel sillyness.

Now to go listen to some Prism.
  • Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)