Sign in to follow this  
KruleBear

02003-Reaper War

Thanks everyone.

I like your approach on the meaty bits.  I have the four "horsemen" (only one of whom is on a horse) and the gory bits can be difficult to figure out what to do with.

That was partially a "happy accident" :;):. I wish i would have documented what i did as i want that look on Nethyrmaul. I probably used a cadmium red with a touch of white for a red leaning toward a pink for the base coat (i remember being a pretty bright red. Then probably a few coats of GW's old brown ink with the intention if highlighting with cadmium red. But at that point i recall saying "cool, this looks like fresh meat that has been exposed to the open air a bit" and stopped there. Seemed appropriate to a dire undead zombie lion ::):

I believe i only have three of the four horseman and War was the cool sculpt that i actually painted. I picked Reaper War on foot up a couple years ago to paint for my undead army...(a work in progress since the '80's)

• Like 1

You did a great job on him.

Very nice, I'd say keep this one the way he is and get another one to paint and compare your increased skills over the years.

I agree with this idea.

• Like 1

You did a great job on him.

Very nice, I'd say keep this one the way he is and get another one to paint and compare your increased skills over the years.

I agree with this idea.

That would be the plan. I have no intention of messing with this one...but i have ideas for the next iteration! :;):

• Like 1