Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Siri's RAC Conversion WIP

So here it is! Pics of all the conversions my husband and I did this weekend! This will be my WIP for painting them all!

Some of the pictures are truly terrible and I will take better ones tomorrow to replace them. But this is a teaser for now. In a later post i will try to break down what is in each conversion =P

In order of the pics below:

First and second area goblin archer riding a spider and a mage that I went all out to convert and modify. She's got so many different parts!

Third picture is a hybird of two different lizard men, and the barbarian that was on the goblin archer's new base that I decided looked really good on the treasure chest

Fourth is my husband's three conversions [he was very excited to finally get a mini dual wielding tridents]

Fifth is our Bones giants from the converting the undead bones giant. Mine is the one on the left [with Spirit of hte Forest branches growing out of his shoulders and two heads!]

Sixth is one I'm proud of, done this morning while sleep deprived and feeling nasty....a unholy mash up of Nethyrmaul and Cthulhu! I went a step past what was asked of us and did a head and arm transplant as well as wing transplant [since no one was using their arms...and they're both right arms BTW! and there was ONE spare head laying around]

post-12758-0-43575200-1414375268_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-70403900-1414375271_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-44515600-1414375274_thumb.jpg

post-12758-0-01274600-1414375350_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 20

I love the barbarian on top of the treasure chest, she looks awesome that way!

Ditto. I never would have thought of that.

• Like 1

I love the barbarian on top of the treasure chest, she looks awesome that way!

Ditto. I never would have thought of that.

Thanks! I really like her on there too. Sort of like "MINE! I was here first!"

• Like 1

Thanks! Nethyrthulhu needs some more work, I was rushing on him. The mouth tentacles need to be cleaned up near the sides of the mouth and the original wing holes are not filled in yet

• Like 1

These are looking amazing. Looks like completely different models for a majority of the miniatures. Are you just snipping and gluing them on? The larger models show the green stuff, but I'm more curious about the smaller models.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mothsniper
      Galladon, Male Wizard

This guy as it turns out can be disassemble into pieces!
      Win for me, because I hate detailed undercuts.

And I do not like the staff (fish/dragon)head.
      Does not fit the character imo.
      The red squiggly turned out verynice!

FINISHED here!

• By Inarah
      Another result from my 4th of July Paint Binge. A couple of creepy crawlies for the players to encounter down an old mine shaft: 

• By Peithetairos
      My next project is another ranger. I already have a cool male elf ranger, but thought it might be nice to add a female version. So going through the Bones minis I came across Nienna.

Unfortunately her face detail was very shallow and detail was overall a bit hit and miss. I love the pose, though.

Out comes the scalpel, greenstuff and bitz box.

Two evening sessions later I swapped the head and weapon, shaved away some of the front detail and resculpted the area.

I am not entirely finished yet, but soon I can establish the base colours. 

• By Kikkenass
      For your consideration I present my take on the Golan, Hill Giant. This was painted by me as part of a contest for a Twitch streamer I follow. The challenge was to push your boundaries and do something you had never done before. I chose this model because I had never worked on something with this much skin before and I really needed to practice my skin tones. I went with a more earthy look in the color pallet and am pretty happy with how it turned out. C&C welcome

• By lazarp
      Ok lets talk about this mini. 

I got it two years ago in the Legend of Drizzt boxed game and just never use it. Why? Because it just looks weird for a dwarf and it is overall lacking if that makes sense. But I believe it has potential to look pretty cool and become one of my favourite minis. This isn't the first time that I dislike and convert a Wizkids "hero" mini but this conversion will be the most drastic so far.

So lets begin. First of all, the thing that bugs me the most are Athrogates flails. I've found some artwork online and here's how they could look like:

And, if you take a look at the first image above, they look like a pair of maracas:

This obviously means that I have to do a weapon swap. I will also change his hand position to make the pose more intimidating.

The second thing that i dislike is his spiked armor, it is supposed to look cool I guess but to me those spikes resemble crystals and it just looks super weird to me (kinda like the dark souls crystal armor) and doesn't go with the overall vibe of the mini

That means I will also remove the spikes from his helmet, shoulder armor and boots and make them look different and hopefully better.

I'm sorry for a long post, and I will keep you updated. Thanks for looking! 

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)