Sign in to follow this  
Lovejoy

Sci-fi robots project from Oathsworn

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we have launched a little Kickstarter project for some sci-fi robot models.

photo-main.jpg

These were actually the first models we ever made, but we never really did anything with them, and now we'd like to get production moulds made for them.

So, if they look like the sort of thing you'd be interested in, take a look here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/oathsworn-miniatures-sci-fi-wargames-robots

Thanks!

Michael

• Like 5

Not my cup of tea, but I wish you the best of luck and hope you get fully funded and then some. 

• Like 3

Not my cup of tea, but I wish you the best of luck and hope you get fully funded and then some. 

Doing sci-fi stuff's a bit of a departure for me really... I keep wanting to add chainmail and an axe! I've been reading sci-fi books for the last fortnight in an attempt to get my head into the right mode.  But then I woke up early this morning, and started working on some fantasy dungeon crawl stuff instead!

I've got one of the spare robot master casts here, so I'm going to have a crack at some fancy painting on him; hopefully that will keep me focused.

• Like 3

Doing sci-fi stuff's a bit of a departure for me really... I keep wanting to add chainmail and an axe! I've been reading sci-fi books for the last fortnight in an attempt to get my head into the right mode.  But then I woke up early this morning, and started working on some fantasy dungeon crawl stuff instead!

I've got one of the spare robot master casts here, so I'm going to have a crack at some fancy painting on him; hopefully that will keep me focused.

There's definitely a market for it and there are some really good sci-fi big stompy robot painters around here so I'm sure you'll get more than a few backers to get this funded. I'm looking forward to your generational heroes if/when you do them as a kickstarter.

• Like 1

Hmm. These are very cool! I will keep an eye on this. I don't usually need many robot types, but the two smaller guys look intriguing.

• Like 1

....I'm looking forward to your generational heroes if/when you do them as a kickstarter.

So am I, although when I'll get around to them, I don't know. There's just not enough hours in the day. That, and I have the attention span of Oooh, nice shoes! Sorry, what were we talking about again?

No reason you couldn't make an arm wielding a Sci-Fi style Axe!

Tempting, for all the wrong reasons! Plus, I'd get carried away and give him a beard...

I am sure I can use these for some set of rules. They may go well as old style CAV.

I've used them in games of old school Rogue Trader, and with the Gruntz 15mm rules. I have to guiltily admit I haven't played CAV yet, but it's on my list.

Hmm. These are very cool! I will keep an eye on this. I don't usually need many robot types, but the two smaller guys look intriguing.

I imagine the two small ones will end up in the project one way or another - they're already sculpted, and I don't see the point of not using them!

In other news, the project is now funded, so thanks everyone!

• Like 3

Might be good for Blasters & Bulkheads as that allows a use of any miniature. How about All Tomorrow's Wars? Haven't played that but heard good things about it.

• Like 1

These are excellent! I might be able to drop something on the drones, maybe. My scifi needs are for stuff that fits my pre-existing armies.

EDIT: these would be great fir turning a generic Space Marine army back into an anything-goes scifi army, they just seem to fit nicely with the SM powered armour.

Edited by smokingwreckage
  • Like 1

Have you figured out target number for the stretch goals?

To be honest, we're kind of making it up as we go along... the altered limb poses are already in, so it's the first drone next. Maybe at 50 backers, or something like that?

Might be good for Blasters & Bulkheads as that allows a use of any miniature. How about All Tomorrow's Wars? Haven't played that but heard good things about it.

I've not tried Blasters and Bulkheads - I'll look it up. As for Tomorrow's War, I've had a copy of the rulebook on my shelf for a couple of years now... but I don't know if it's any good - I've only looked at the pictures so far!

Congrats on the project being funded.

On a side note when do you think you will add the Dwarf Brewers to the website?

As soon as I get some spare time - I have to ink a set of them, photograph them, do all the Photoshoppy crop-resize-levels stuff, then go through the horribly long winded 'add product' bit on the website. It'll only take about a day to do... as soon as I have a spare day. Possibly Saturday - I'll let you know.

Not my cup of tea, but I see you are funded already, so I won't feel guilty! Gratz! :)

Thanks! But you should feel guilty... I spend all day with a sort of low-grade generic guilt weighing on me; I'd assumed it was just the human condition. Now you've got me thinking it's because all the Kickstarters that fail to fund are somehow MY FAULT! ^_^  

These are excellent! I might be able to drop something on the drones, maybe. My scifi needs are for stuff that fits my pre-existing armies.

EDIT: these would be great fir turning a generic Space Marine army back into an anything-goes scifi army, they just seem to fit nicely with the SM powered armour.

Hopefully drones won't be far off... and I know what you mean about the SMs - I'm going to dig out my old Rogue Trader beaky marines later on! I'll probably be horrified by the 20 year old paint jobs though...

Oooo! Hmm, I'll have to see if I can work 29 pounds + shipping into my next paycheck. I love the look of your robots (and the little one is cute!).

• Like 1