Sign in to follow this  
Erifnogard

Some excellent warlock ideas for D&D 5e

So one of the potentially most flavorful things in 5th edition is the warlock patrons. I especially like the do it yourself aspects of picking your specific patron and the nature of your relationship. Rob Donoghue has been posting some solid gold thoughts on warlocks over on his "The Walking Mind" blog, including some new warlock patrons and powers. I thought I would put some links here for any who might be interested.

http://walkingmind.evilhat.com/2014/10/24/the-grey-tyrant/

http://walkingmind.evilhat.com/2014/10/25/vestiges/

http://walkingmind.evilhat.com/2014/10/26/patronal-courts/

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello, all!

I'm planning to paint Ma'al Drakar as Dungeons & Dragons' Dark Lady, Tiamat.

She's going to be, by far, my biggest painting project. Before I start painting, I'm planning some conversions to make her look more like D&D's Chromatic Dragon.

I'd love to get any advice or tips that anyone would like to share about painting large models, or any of the other parts of the process. I'll share my plans, and try to keep up a WIP thread about this grand adventure.

My first step is going to be pretty drastic, so if anyone wants to jump in with advice, please do.

I have WotC's Gargantuan Black Dragon. The forward-sweeping horns are so iconic, my Tiamat's black dragon head (Ma'al's lower right head) should have horns like that. The Gargantuan Black's a perfect scale to use for Tiamat's horns. I'm actually planning to carefully cut the horns off the black dragon, make a 2-part mold, cast a set of horns for Tiamat, and reattach the horns back on the black dragon.

Am I out of my mind? Does any one see potential problems with this plan, other than the usual challenges of casting minis, etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice, feedback, and encouragement! 
    • By Lidless Eye
      A quick paintjob on one of the D&D Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures line, the Umber Hulk!  My somewhat local gaming store finally had them back in stock...still no luck on the elusive Beholder!

• By MelmothWanders
      Both pictures are of the same mini, but I actually did two of these at once for practice. Pretty pleased with the results outside of a few stark transitions, may go back and touch it up and try and add more depth to the hair.

• By Lidless Eye
      I actually finished this guy a few weeks back, but I didn't have a good set up to take photos of larger miniatures.  Then, I realized the recently arrived game mat from Ganesha Games "Axe and Brimstone" Kickstarter would make a great backdrop for the larger pieces.
      So, here's the Storm Giant Royal Guard from Gale Force 9's "Dungeon & Dragon Collector's Series".

Feel the thunder, friends.

• By sirgourls
      So I currently DM a 5e D&D game. One of my favorite things to do is create my own magic items. The armory sets from Bones 3 seem to me to be perfect candidates to have accompanying RPG stats! To that end, I made up the following. Feel free to steal/tweak these if you like them!

Ashen Zweihander
      Greatsword
      This magic greatsword adds a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls. Its hilt is fashioned to look like the skull of a ram. When drawn, flakes of ash fall from the blade. When you hit a creature with the ashen zweihander, you deal an extra 2d6 necrotic damage. If a creature hits you, you may use a reaction to cast hellish rebuke. This power recharges every day at dusk. If you kill a creature with the ashen zweihander, its body is reduced to ashes. The only means of bringing such a creature back to life is via either a true resurrection or a wish spell.

Axe of Death
      Battleaxe
      This magic weapon is shaped to appear as if the wings of the Angel of Death form the axe head. It adds a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. Any creature you hit with the ace that isn't a construct, ooze, or an undead takes an additional 2d8 necrotic damage. In addition, if after you strike a creature it is reduced to 100 hit points or fewer, it must immediately make a DC 17 Constitution saving throw or die. A creature that succeeds this saving throw takes 7d8 necrotic damage.

Bonesplinter Reaver
      Greataxe
      The haft of this greataxe is fashioned from the bleached bone of a long-dead creature. This magic weapon grants you a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. It scores a critical hit on a roll of 19 or 20. When you score a critical hit with the axe, the creature you hit must succeed a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or suffer a severed limb. Succeeding the saving throw results in no additional effect.

Crown of the Dust King
      Wondrous Item
      This crown was the possession of the King of Dust. It has absorbed some of that being’s power. While wearing this crown, you gain some of the properties of undeath. You do not require food or drink, do not need to breathe, and are immune to poison damage and the poisoned condition. You are able to command lesser undead by your sheer presence. As an action, you may attempt to assert your control over any ghouls, skeletons, or zombies within 30 feet of you that you can see. Make a Charisma check. The DC is equal to 10 + the creature’s challenge rating. If you succeed, the undead is under your direct control. You can issue commands as a bonus action on your turn. Any undead within 60 feet of you, whether under your control or not, has advantage on saving throws to resist the effects of being turned.

Dust King’s Aegis
      Shield
      This magic shield once belonged to the King of Dust. The shield grants you resistance to radiant damage while you bear it. In addition you have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons wielded by good-aligned creatures.

Graveyard Shield
      Shield
      This shield is marked by the power of death. You can force a creature adjacent to you to fail a death saving throw. This power recharges at midnight. In addition, while the shield is in your possession you cannot suffocate as a result of being buried. Finally, when you kill a creature that is within 5 feet of you, you gain 10 temporary hit points.

Hammer of Doom
      Maul
      The head of this magic weapon looks like it is fashioned from a rough slab of a tombstone. The fangs of some creature adorn one end. You gain a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magic weapon. You may cast bane as an action. This power recharges at dawn.

Reaping Greataxe
      Greataxe
      This greataxe is cold to the touch, like a bone left out in winter. This magic weapon grants you resistance to cold and necrotic damage. As a bonus action, you can cause sickly green energy to wreathe the head of the axe, changing all damage it deals to necrotic damage. Another bonus action changes the damage back.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)