• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My one quibble, also applicable to Transformers, but why do robots need such expressive articulated faces?

I mean really, Ultron's delicate eyebrows are too much (compared to the essentially unmoving face of comic book Ultron). Little fiddly bits of moving machinery everywhere is quite inefficient.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1

That is an interesting point. It is something I hadn't considered even though I was just watching the second Metallo episode of animated Superman last night and was commenting on how I like how unexpressive his metal skull face was. It made him just a touch more creepy.

• Like 1

Avengers 2

Can I assume we've all seen this by now?

Can I assume we are all going to go see this now?

Nope.

Also nope.

I watched all the films leading up to the Avengers, went to the theatre for the Avengers (a rare amount of effort for me, I was so excited), haven't watched any Marvel products since and don't plan to anytime soon. 

Or ever. 

• Like 1

Avengers 2

Can I assume we've all seen this by now?

Can I assume we are all going to go see this now?

Nope.

Also nope.

I watched all the films leading up to the Avengers, went to the theatre for the Avengers (a rare amount of effort for me, I was so excited), haven't watched any Marvel products since and don't plan to anytime soon. 

Or ever. 

? :huh:  Really? I've pretty much varying degrees of loved everything so far. You liked eveything leading up to it, but that one movie caused you to hate it all forever? What about Avengers turned you off to such a degree?  You haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy?

Edited by EvilJames

Joss Whedon.  His fingerprints were all over The Avengers, and I don't like what he makes.  Except maybe the first Toy Story, because he apparently wrote that.  So I guess everybody gets one.

Since the success of the movie only increased his influence in the whole, I can only presume I will enjoy the rest just as much as I did The Avengers.  Since this makes it highly likely I will not, I figure it's better to just stay away from the works instead of slowly morphing into a raging internet nerdrant troll.  It's better for me, it's better for the people who might like them, its just better for everybody. 

• Like 1

Joss Whedon.  His fingerprints were all over The Avengers, and I don't like what he makes.  Except maybe the first Toy Story, because he apparently wrote that.  So I guess everybody gets one.

I may not fully understand the dislike for Whedon, but I accept that it can happen.

That reminds me, since this *is* a Joss Whedon movie...

Which likable character will get killed this time?

Ok. I can get that I guess. I don't mind Whedon so much. I enjoyed Firefly and Buffy but haven't seen much else (other than the Avengers obviously) I'm not sure how much his influence has been felt by the MCU. It has certainly taken a darker turn, with Iron Man 3 and Captain America: Winter Soldier. Guardians Departs from that darkness quite a bit but Avengers 2 seems to bring us back in that direction. Is darker stories a Whedon thing? The only thing I thought he was known for was snappy comebacks and those were already in the prevoius movies.

@Crankydog. Oh yeah that. I think Whedon might have a problem right now. All the remaing likable characters are wearing their "contracted to other movies" armor

Edited by EvilJames

As deep as my Whedon dislike is, it's nothing compared to how I feel about J.J. Abrams.  This essentially makes Star Wars VII off-limits for me, too.  Although I'm torn on that, because Lawrence Kasdan is writing it... and I do enjoy his work a great deal. 

I figure I'll probably avoid it anyway, because loving half of it and hating half of it will only leave me miserable and confused. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.