77075: Khael Stonekindle [aka Gandwarf]

Silvervane

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful finished miniature. I am happy to see you added a bit more highlighting to his staff, it turned out great. Also I quite like the simple base. As I said in you wip I really like the color combos and your blues turned out very nice. I also quite like the ivory on his sword hilt.

To offer you some C&C, the white trim stands out a bit as unfinished at least in the photos, which white also is hard to photograph so it may look different in hand.

Overall great job and I love his blue robes and the warm browns you painted the staff,pipe and pouches with.

• Like 3

Beautiful finished miniature. I am happy to see you added a bit more highlighting to his staff, it turned out great. Also I quite like the simple base. As I said in you wip I really like the color combos and your blues turned out very nice. I also quite like the ivory on his sword hilt.

To offer you some C&C, the white trim stands out a bit as unfinished at least in the photos, which white also is hard to photograph so it may look different in hand.

Overall great job and I love his blue robes and the warm browns you painted the staff,pipe and pouches with.

Thanks, I see what you mean about the white.  I was trying to practice blue shading white.  It hasn't been sealed.  I've done almost no free hand, but would that help the white on the robe?

• Like 1

Thanks, I see what you mean about the white. I was trying to practice blue shading white. It hasn't been sealed. I've done almost no free hand, but would that help the white on the robe?

Check out this painting white tutorial.

http://powellminipainting.blogspot.com/p/painting-white.html?m=1

• Like 1

Agreed, and very nicely done!

• Like 1

Thanks, I see what you mean about the white.  I was trying to practice blue shading white.  It hasn't been sealed.  I've done almost no free hand, but would that help the white on the robe?

After looking again I do see a bit of your blue shading that I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. As far a freehand in my opinion the hat trim would suit runes quite well, but The only freehand I could picture on the armbands is making a touch of stripe on the edges to make them look cuff like. But I don't know if that would look right there.

Keep in mind he looks good as is and you could use him to experiment with freehand but he definitely doesn't need it.

• Like 1