Getting to Know Each Other Better

TaleSpinner

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that I would want to be Pug from Raymond E Feist's Magician books and subsequent series.  The character was an orphan who was taken in by the court mage and taught some magic.  He was later captured in a war and over time became the most powerful magician on 2 worlds.  He continued to have struggles throughout his very long life but he always made his way through them.  I loved his heart, his power, and his spirit.  It was truly a magical book series for me as a teenager and every few years I go back and start to read them all again.  Feist did an amazing job of creating a world and characters that you fall in love with.  He finally finished the entire series (after about 15-20 total books) and ended the story of Pug a few years ago.

If you like to read fantasy, then I HIGHLY recommend this series.  Be sure to start with Magician: Apprentice and go from the beginning.  :)

• Like 6

I thought the whole point was if a question passed us by, we were supposed to answer it!!  :lol:

---

Which character would I be....

Conan... but female... and like Red Sonja, she rolled over far too easily. 

Yep, all the camel punching, crown wearing on troubled brows, manizing (which is just like womanizing, but only the objectified are men), grubby, sweating, muscle rippling two handed sword swinging combat. 

Actually... that's what I would have wanted as a young lass....

Now, I think I would choose something more comfortable... with more toilet paper availability. hmmm....  <_<

• Like 7

Question 11, I am not real sure. I would go back about 14 years ago and have a talk with myself. Other than that I can not really compare to Quick and Tiniest.

Question 12, ME. My life while not the best, is better than most of my book or movie heros. Yes, there are things I would like to see and do, however, If I could not have my kids with me, well it is not really worth it. Not trying to be a party pooper.

• Like 5

I would decline if it was a one-way trip.

For a there and back I like the Jasonator plan.

If it was a there and back ride-along with Bayushiseni, while he was groveling at the feet of or making out with Hypatia, I would be stuffing as many scrolls as I could carry into a rucksack checking titles as I went to make sure I was grabbing titles unknown to us that did not survive the fire.

Obviously, trip prep would involve learning ancient greek.

:lol: :lol:

That means that you'd change History. I don't think that's allowed by the Time Police, TGP.....

The scrolls I'm snagging would disappear right before the fire...so gone, just for a different reason...history is unaffected...when I get back the future changes ...

...but in a good way.

That would be awesome.

• Like 1

Question 11

Hmmm to go forward or back that is the question....

to be honest I can't really answer this one, there are so many events/places in the past I'd like to either revisit or just visit, but I'd also like to see what the future holds for my family & such.

Question 12

Probably somebody from the works of J R R Tolkien. Gandalf or Aragorn...to experience what I like as a hobby as real-life....whoa! 

• Like 2

... And if I went to save the library at Alexandria, which sacking would I save it from? It got burned down three separate times... 

The first one, obviously. The one that happened when the Romans took over.

Maybe, in my haste to get back to the TARDIS with a heap of scrolls before any Roman centurions came nosing around, it was I who tripped over an oil lamp which set off the whole conflagration....? How do we know it was not?

It wasn't you. I was there and saw everything. It was that guy, you know, the one with the bluish hood and the ridicule boots...

• Like 2

Not trying to be a party pooper.

Is your name Jennifer? She poops at parties.

Question 12: If you could be a character from a fictional novel, movie, TV, etc..., living in their world, who would you be and why?

Fairly easy one, the true hero and star of the Star Wars universe. R2-D2.

Although Deadpool would be a close second.

• Like 7

Question 12: If you could be a character from a fictional novel, movie, TV, etc..., living in their world, who would you be and why?

For as much reading as I have done in my life, this has never once crossed my mind. Even considering television and movies, I have no idea. There isn't anyone in a video game I want to be or in a book. Frankly, I think I'm just happy being me. Not a very exciting answer I know. :( 

• Like 4

To actually be a particular character? No thanks. I don't think it's boring to want to be me.

To live in a particular character's world? I would enjoy Middle Earth, I think; specifically Rohan prior to the events of the LotR trilogy. But I would also love to live in the city of Perdido Street Station, for a while. And the Discworld would be pretty cool.

To have attributes of a particular character, but live in this world as myself? Either the inherent abilities of Marvel's Wolverine (no metal, just healing) or the probability adjustment abilities of Marvel's Domino.

• Like 4