So, How Is Kaladrax The Hugenormous Selling?

TheAuldGrump

Painting a Kaladrax that a friend bought during the Kickstarter, which made me wonder: How well is Kaladrax selling at full price?

I am most definitely not saying that it is overpriced - expensive, yes - but the figure is hugenormous! And freakin' beautiful.

So, how is it selling - and if it is selling well enough, is it possible that Reaper will be doing similar dragons in the future?

The Auld Grump

• Like 3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While that is correct, Kally would have been big anyway. In fact, Kally and Nethyrmaul were the first large dragons of any kind that Reaper released in a long time prior to that. They'd just gotten too expensive to produce in metal to justify adding new ones. There was also some discussion as to whether or not Kally would even have been possible if done in metal.

I think you can at least draw a little information from the fact that they went back to the well in Bones 2 for two more new large dragons, plus two additional new large figures (Mashaaf and Khanjira). That tells me that they are at least profitable enough to make as part of a KS run. Does that mean that Reaper will be willing to float other large model projects out there in Bones without KS backing? If they think it is a smart decision to do so (say, maybe, for a 5-headed dragon that many people seem to want?), then they just might. If they deem it too risky, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd also not hold my breath for any sales figures; it's not normally information they share. Bryan will occasionally give us a "it's doing better than some, but not as well as others", or a "it has exceeded/failed to meet our expectations."  Just sayin'.

~v

• Like 7

Just saying if they didn't sell, Reaper wouldn't make 'em*. IIRC (DO NOT QUOTE ME THIS IS HEARSAY! A RUMOUR! GOSSIP!!!!!!) Reaper don't loss-lead or anything tricksy like that, so they must be trading at at least a small profit on the big 'uns. There's some assumptions hiding in that logic, but I'm reasonably confident of them.

*specifically, I can't see Reaper's conservative business model having much room for "well, the big models didn't sell last time, but what the hey! Let's sink a dozen or so G's into a couple more of them - what's life without taking some entirely pointless risks?".... that is just NOT how they roll (DNQ; TIH; R; G)

Edited by smokingwreckage
  • Like 9

So, I guess an addendum to the topic....

Has Reaper run through the initial production run of Kaladrax yet?1

And, in response to dsmiles... it is possible that what I am picturing in my mind might be Gauth Reborn or the like..... :lol:

The Auld Grump

1In less than one year, yes. Or nearly so. And by nearly, I mean that we were not allowed to take any of the remaining few to WaCon because they had to be reserved for other orders, and what was available to take to PAX was half what we normally would have taken.

We are anticipating the ability to place a restock order as soon as Bones II is delivered.  Until then we cannot place any Bones I restocks lest we interfere with production.