We are getting ready to start a new campaign and I need a rooster for the boss on their first adventure.  That's right, the boss will be a chicken!!  :devil:

Hook: villagers and children especially are being effected with a malady that is slowly sapping the life away from the afflicted. They will trace back to find that there is a farmer that is selling "foul" eggs...   :;):

The farmer made a deal with a hag and when it went sour, she cursed his rooster and now it has become a Poltrygeist!!   :lol:  or some in the south might call it a Pollogiest.....   ::D:

I love the thought of 4 epic heroes struggling to defeat a chicken...   :devil:

Work on the rooster will start tonight....

I may sculpt a whole slew of hens for minions..  but I need a good ghost hen pun...

Edited by DixonGrfx
  • Like 2

I just did one for Joy last summer.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/53083-the-visitation/page-6

It was fairly simple, but this one was 54mm scale, not 28.  Should be pretty simple at that scale.

It was yours that inspired me to write the adventure hook.  I loved your sculpt and thought, "That's a fantastic mini! I want one...  wouldn't it be hilarious if the adventurers had to battle and epic rooster.."  maybe he starts 28mm scale, but when you get him all stirred up he grows to 54mm scale...  makes me chuckle just thinking about it.

• Like 2

In fact, these players have never experienced a TPK. It would make the most epic of DnD stories to reminisce over later...  "Hey dad, do remember that time we squared off against that Poltrygiest and all his hens.  I still cant believe we all died trying to defeat chickens!"

• Like 3

Hey Andy, I think I want to sculpt these guys so that I can fit 3 or 4 of them in a one inch square. But independently "based".  So I was thinking that I could clip the tip of a thumb tack off and sculpt them on the clipped end. Or I suppose a wire nail that has a wide enough head would work too. Got any ideas on what might work well for a quick base/armature?

Look at that.....  simple, elegant, and effective...  Unfortunately that doesn't work with my motto of "There's always a harder way to do things."  hehehe   I didn't catch your post until after I had already put little blobs of putty on the tips of about 25 thumbtacks.  I figure with 25 armatures I should be able to get between 15 and  20 good sculpts. But tonight I'll make 3 or four wire armatures like you have here and try that too. I'm certain it will work much better.

• Like 2