For those with experience with Paizo's shipping . . . .

Marvin

Are they always incredibly slow? I've ordered from them once in the past, a single GameMastery module. It took a good while to ship. So this isn't unprecedented, I suppose. Here recently I've placed two orders; it's been three full weeks or better with no sign of shipping. One order has shifted status, even, from the 2-14 days bit to "Originally expected to ship in an unknown time frame," whatever that means. Uh, anyone know what that means? lol. Just wondering, should I be concerned? I know they're running their big sale, right now, but it's seriously looking a bit long. With that status change, oy. Freaking me out a little. If this somehow indicates I might not get my stuff I'd like to know, and it might affect whether it seems wise to place a third order, lol, as I was thinking of grabbing a few more things here at the end of the sale. But yeah.

Figured I'd ask here as you folks are usually in the know.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Their Great Golem Sale normally wreaks havoc with shipping.  I believe last year it took them almost a month to ship my order.  Good news is that I did get all my stuff, it was just slooooow.  I got some really good deals, so I guess it evened out. 

This is what I was going to say/suggest. That GGS is crazy.

• Like 1

Havoc indeed appears to have been wreaked! I indeed am getting some really good deals, though.

Does look like they're just that backlogged, which, though unfortunate and inconvenient, relieves me, far as that goes. The "ship in an unknown timeframe" still seems to be a bit of an oddity, though . . . .

• Like 1

They are slow at shipping.  I ordered something (a paintbrush, I think) that was out of stock- and didn't know it until a week or two had passed. They don't have a mechanism for contacting customers when that happens, as far as I know. I ended up contacting them to cancel the item that was preventing shipping.  

Their monthly adventure path seems to take forever - shipping ups to usps to get to me.  

It's not a complaint, just something worth knowning- if you need something shipped fast it might be worth the expedited shipping.  

• Like 1

I think they prioritize their subscribers in times like this, as I haven't noticed any particular delays in my regular shipments. I ordered a couple of things in the sale, but I just dropped them into my "sidecart", so they'll be shipped with my next batch and the shipping cost will be quite a lot lower.

• Like 1

GGS does slow things down quite a bit, makes sense with the big discount on certain items. I received my order I did earlier this month a couple days ago. I do believe I put that order in the week before the 1st Bonesylvanna set came out o here. I did tell them to add it to my AP subscription to save on shipping.  Shipping even on a regular subscription takes about a week & I'm pretty much below them in the next state. (WA into OR).

I'm debating on do anther order with them, as I missed something that goes with one of the flip maps I got. I'll probably just ship it without next month's AP, thou the delay I might as well just ship it with the AP book...... ::):

• Like 1

I contacted Paizo customer service today as I placed an order last Thursday and it still shows pending. The Customer service person was extremely nice and helpful. She said that it is indeed because of the Great Golem sale and they are way backed up on orders. I figured as much but I wanted to make sure it was not a problem on my end... it was not...

So I just have to wait a little longer for my Gargantuan Blue Dragon....

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1

They are often very slow. Slow even to cancel an order:

Submitted Jan 30, 2014 Status Canceled     Learn to Paint Kit 4: Skin Tones Canceled September 09, 2014

Eight months to cancel an order, and they never did notify me it was canceled. However, that was an unusual case, as Reaper stopped making the LTPKs. I was hoping they might have one in stock, and they were probably waiting for Reaper to have some back in stock. I still order from them though, I placed an order just last Sunday.

• Like 1

In mid September, I redeemed a gift code and purchased 2 paints.

I just received my shipping notification a few days ago.

They did say that the sale did effect things. However, I am thinking that if you know you are going to be THAT busy, you should plan and hire accordingly. lol

So don't worry =) We are all right there with you.

• Like 1

Last update from the customer service people had them just getting out the last of the stuff from the first and second of October. Pretty crazy!

I agree that they should be able to beat this, knowing it's coming. The huge amounts of $$$ I saved make me willing to deal with it for the sale, but I'll be hesitant to order from them in the future, methinks.