Cyclops Savage - PP

Mutilatedlips

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That base looks great, and I love the orangey-yellow you're using.

Thanks, it was tough getting that color for the sand, reaper has a brown sand paint, but it wasn't really the color I was looking for. As for the orangy-yellow on the model, that was me trying to be a bit creative and move away from the studio color while not being completely off the chart. I do like having an army on the red side of the spectrum. 

Hooboy! I really dig that banner, it's great stuff.

True that the metal is a bit dull, but that actually sells the beach a bit, IMO. I think this is a really strong piece from you.

How many factions does this give you, now? Just three at this point?

• Like 1

Wow, thanks everybody.

I personally like the armor ( I know painted it), but I have another one of these guys I will be painting soon and may like to see the armor in a different light. If anybody has some ideas....

I based orange copper.  I highlighted using ancient gold and then gamma shielding gold. Then I washed it in P3 armor wash, which is pretty black looking. I then went back and highlighted with the golds again.

Maybe a redish wash? Don't wash at all? I don't have any inks, but I have a decent selection of metallics.

Hooboy! I really dig that banner, it's great stuff.

True that the metal is a bit dull, but that actually sells the beach a bit, IMO. I think this is a really strong piece from you.

How many factions does this give you, now? Just three at this point?

lol If you count the gator pact Minions, 4. Although, I haven't gotten enough of either to make any semblance of an army. 

Don't worry, I have no interest in Trollbloods and it will be a while if I ever decide to learn another mechanic for WM.

I am not that big into Skorne. They don't have enough models I like and they seem to rely on a lot of units, but I really love the Baron Harkonnnen looking warcaster and could not resist him. It will be a small army for me, Everblight and then Orboros are still my main choice when playing.

I got the spawning vessel completed and posted too! yay.